May snow storm

birddog

501 Club
How about this May snow in the Midwest. I thought it was bad that I had to plow snow in April this year for the first time ever. Now I had to plow again today. I remember getting 1 - 2 inches on the 5th of May back in the 70's but the 6 inches we have already is ridiculous. Plus they're calling for possibly another 6 through Friday night. I guess I shouldn't complain, 50 - 75 miles as the crow flies, they received over 16 inches already.
 
We had about 6" Tuesday night. It was real wet and will melt down quickly. Temps in the 70's this weekend.

Bob
 
birddog":1sgyzfa0 said:
How about this May snow in the Midwest. I thought it was bad that I had to plow snow in April this year for the first time ever. Now I had to plow again today. I remember getting 1 - 2 inches on the 5th of May back in the 70's but the 6 inches we have already is ridiculous. Plus they're calling for possibly another 6 through Friday night. I guess I shouldn't complain, 50 - 75 miles as the crow flies, they received over 16 inches already.

The weather forecast predicted the upper Midwest (specifically WI) was going to get hammered. We received 1"-2" of white, fluffy stuff. Didn't stick to roads; too warm. The temperature gradient was like a knife through KC last evening. KC was around 32 degrees F, while 75-100 miles east and west was about 30 degrees F higher.

UPDATE: Talked to my wife a few minutes ago. She measured 3" on top of the Weber on our back patio. That's a new record for our area!
 
Luckily we didn't get the additional 6 inches they were calling for. Only got a a little ice, not even enough to make it slippery.

Temperature at 31F now and raining. Hope it doesn't get any colder before the wife gets home from work.
 
Back
Top