Looking for 12 volt 3 wire alternator wiring diagram with ballast resistor for 1971 international cub

Kelly

New member
I'm new here..my name is Kelly and am owner of a 1971 international cub tractor...2 yes ago pretty much went thru entire tractor replaced clutch..carb...seals...bearings...gaskets and added headlites along with painting the tractor... I went thru everything except the motor since it runs perfect with excellent compression. My problem is I had a wire contact the exhaust that I did not notice until too late...after that I was just hot wiring tractor to use it which now I want to make a new wiring harness and am unable to find a wiring diagram for a 3 wire alternator using ballast resistor in a 12 volt conversion...at present it has amp meter but I am wanting to put in voltmeter in near future...any help would be greatly appreciated......thanx
 
its pretty simple, use the factory generator wiring diagram, take the armature wire and the lighting wire to the regulator and put those two on the stud on the back of the delco 10 alternator, also a jumper from the stud to the hot side of the regulator and it should work
 
The diagram Eugene posted will get you there. The referenced resister or warning light could also be a small diode, very simple, very clean.
 
Back
Top