lady bugs

Thursday it got up to 75 and sunny here, and we had in infestation of the oriental ladybugs you would not believe. It was so bad that while I was working in the shop I had to fasten my shirt collar to keep them out. Brought back to my memory several years ago when I was staying with my Mom after she had a hip replacement, and they were swarming. I picked up my insulated Bubba Jug to take drink of ice water and felt something in my mouth which I figured was a small piece of ice. When I bit down on it I learned quickly that ladybugs taste awful. :cry:
 
Same here. Friday went to the acreage and opened the shop. South and west side of the shop were covered with lady bugs. Opened the shop doors and lady bugs all over the floor. Tried working, lady bugs down my shirt and in my face.

Went home, about 6 miles from acreage. South side of house covered. Currently have hundreds of dead lady bugs on floor near basement walk out door.

Don't know about the taste of lady bugs. Done eaten my share of bugs. Be "farming" take a deep breath with open mouth, consume bug. I think I'm prepared for one of the survivalist shows on TV. Enough bugs, survive, claim the prize.
 
Another invasive exotic. Brought to you by the same agency that gave you multiflora rose, kudzu and Rem Red honeysuckle... The USDA.
 
Don McCombs":2rw3k95p said:
Another invasive exotic. Brought to you by the same agency that gave you multiflora rose, kudzu and Rem Red honeysuckle... The USDA.
The guy responsible for the Multiflora Rose is buried about 35 miles south of here. I have thought more than once about digging him up and shooting him before burying him again. :evil:
 
Large cartoon in todays Jefferson City, News Tribune. White House, Capital Building, and surroundings covered with lady bugs.

Captions, "News, Asian Lady Beetle Infestation" and "We have GOT to seal off the borders".
 
Back
Top