John *.?-!.* cub owner
501 Club
I bought an EverStart 500 amp booster pack about 6 or 7 years ago, and did replace the battery in it a little over a year ago. When I opened it up i discovered a little 35 amp hour sealed lead acid battery inside and still have not figured out how they claim it to be a 500 amp booster. I seldom use it for jumping anything, but it makes a real handy portable supply for powering inverters for Christmas lights in parades, small 12 volt air compressor, etc. Our local WalMart had some on sale so I thought I would add a second one for the parades, but when I looked I got a real shock. It was a supposedly 750 amp jumper pack made by Schumacker, which is an old trusted maker, but that thing was a piece of junk. It had an 8 amp hour battery in it, and when I did a little test by connecting it to a cub with the ignition off to see how long it would crank it, it only turned it over about 4 times where my old 500 amp one will turn it 12 or more times. Just how dumb do these companies think we are. This appears to be blatant false advertising, I doubt it would deliver 750 amps if you shorted the leads together.