Back in my younger days when I was going to college I worked part time for the US Forestry planting trees and on fire details. Our brush trucks got more miles on them than a local department, but they spent much of their life idling on sight and pumping. Engine will probably have enough hours to have run 4 or 5 times the miles on the odometer. If it tends to smoke a little, especially on start up or after running down hill and starting back up the other side I would suspect valve seals. It has been a long time, but as I remember, the clutches on those things were pretty heavy duty, it will take real talent to damage them, though if it is a hydraulic clutch the cylinder may need rebuilding.Steve Butram":2smab0a9 said:Surprisingly those old grass rigs didn't get many miles on them but probably got abused in their lifetime specifically the clutch.With all the different Firefighters with Various skill levels driving them.
Back in my younger days when I was going to college I worked part time for the US Forestry planting trees and on fire details. Our brush trucks got more miles on them than a local department, but they spent much of their life idling on sight and pumping. Engine will probably have enough hours to have run 4 or 5 times the miles on the odometer. If it tends to smoke a little, especially on start up or after running down hill and starting back up the other side I would suspect valve seals. It has been a long time, but as I remember, the clutches on those things were pretty heavy duty, it will take real talent to damage them, though if it is a hydraulic clutch the cylinder may need rebuilding.
twotone":27twwduk said:Bruce, is that a NAPCO 4WD conversion? NAPCO usually put an emblem on the fender, but I don't see one. Nice truck!