I remodeled our kitchen this past year and still owe a balance to Lowe's (interest free) I was recently at Kroger's Grocery and noticed they have Lowe's Gift Cards.
Hmmmmm. So can I buy a Lowe's Gift card and get points on my Krogers loyalty card which in turn gets you 10 cents off a gallon of gas at their stations.
10 cents/$100 Kroger's store purchase. You get multiple the 10 cents for each increment of 100 points. I also get points on my Visa that can be traded for merchandise etc. The Visa gets paid off every month.
Well Visa---Kroger's----Lowe's---= Merchandise points, discounted fuel, etc. I am paying the Lowe's balance off over the next 6 months, so might as well get any kick-back I can. The gas discount is limited to 35 gallons at one time, not sure the limit on discount per gallon.
So far I have done this twice and so far there is no catch.
Anyone else doing this sort of thing?
I friend of mine buys Amazon gift cards from Giant Eagle Grocery, getting approximately the same benefits.
Just food for thought.
Thackery
Hmmmmm. So can I buy a Lowe's Gift card and get points on my Krogers loyalty card which in turn gets you 10 cents off a gallon of gas at their stations.
10 cents/$100 Kroger's store purchase. You get multiple the 10 cents for each increment of 100 points. I also get points on my Visa that can be traded for merchandise etc. The Visa gets paid off every month.
Well Visa---Kroger's----Lowe's---= Merchandise points, discounted fuel, etc. I am paying the Lowe's balance off over the next 6 months, so might as well get any kick-back I can. The gas discount is limited to 35 gallons at one time, not sure the limit on discount per gallon.
So far I have done this twice and so far there is no catch.
Anyone else doing this sort of thing?
I friend of mine buys Amazon gift cards from Giant Eagle Grocery, getting approximately the same benefits.
Just food for thought.
Thackery