I’m missing the snowplow rod

AHS

Active member
The rod goes from the Hydraulic control to the plow. Ok, I’m gonna try to mimick the rod. What I need to know are the measurements? It is round stock, just 1/2”? With a 1/2” rod stick out at both ends? What I need to know is the rod length center to center of the pins? What is the length of the short pieces of round stock at either end? Thank you!
 

Attachments

  • 78A13502-50E9-41E8-BBCE-791720B7EE44.jpeg
    78A13502-50E9-41E8-BBCE-791720B7EE44.jpeg
    371.9 KB · Views: 269
I just checked mine, both the lo-boy blade and the F-CubC, 23 5/8" C to C, there is 1-1/2" on one end, 1 1/4" at the other. The center section looks to be 7/8" dia,, about 19" long, probably for extra strength. I would think 1/2" round stock with a piece of 1" angle tacked on would work as well. Hope this helps. Let me know if you need any more info.
John
 
I don't why I didn't think of a piece of schedule 40 black pipe, I've used it to make bushings when I rebuilt my blade and I do HVAC work! Thanks Stanton.
 
tinnerjohn":38go1dak said:
I don't why I didn't think of a piece of schedule 40 black pipe, I've used it to make bushings when I rebuilt my blade and I do HVAC work! Thanks Stanton.

:hattip:
 
Back
Top