How I spent last Friday

My 93 year old Mother reached the point due to health that we could no longer take care of her at home about 2 years ago. Since then she has been in a local nursing home (Potosi Manor) and my wife or I go in every day, with the 2 of us taking turns. Everyone there has gotten used to seeing me, stopping to talk, kid, cut up, etc. Last Friday they had a fall party, kind of a prelude to Halloween, which was open to all residents and employees and their children. There were many games for the children, as well as a local country and bluegrass band for the adults. Some of you have seen the pictures of me in my red yarn wig and red nose in the tractor parades, but I decided to do it up right Friday night, and had a ball. The biggest problem for residents of a nursing home is boredom, and everyone seemed to enjoy my being there, even the band let me join them for a couple songs strumming my cane to accompany them. This first picture is Bessie, who loaned me these pictures to scan.
clown1.jpg


and this is Brenda, the activities director who organizes things such as this plus the daily activities to help reduce the boredom, including everything from exercise classes, to bingo, to painting, cooking, etc. She does a fantastic job. I don't know how she accomplishes so much.
clown%202.jpg


I stayed about an hour and a half until my back started hurting bad enough I needed to go home and rest.
 
Back
Top