how high is the water

TO DARN HIGH!!!!!
Every thing is fine at my place. There are lots of places flooded all around here.
We received 18 plus inches. Harold has 21plus. He said he was high and dry at 35,000 feet. He said he was ok he is up on a hill (that was yesterday) he might be on a island today.
With Louisiana having all this trouble with the budget we should sell some water to California.
 
Keep it dry Mike. The heavy rains only started here last night and the water is rising as the water flows toward the gulf. No serious widespread flooding here.
 
Mike, keep your powder dry and your boat handy. That is a lot of rain!! But, I think California is getting a fair amount of rain also.
 
I saw on our news that Bogalusa La had record flooding. I know that Buddy lives close to the river. Hope he didn't get any of the flood water.
 
I'm high and dry as Mike said. However, we have several friends and family members that are flooded out of their home. We have levees that are failing, and the Ouachita River is in fact, flowing north above Sterlington, LA which is only about 6 miles from where I live. The Lake D'arbonne reservoir, which was nothing but a creek dammed up years ago to form a lake, flows into the river. The water has topped the dam and the flow into the river has become massive. This was a truly historic weather event. The rain has stopped and it's predicted that the cresting will happen today. Let's hope.
 
Back
Top