Home owners association

Yeah, one of our local TV news has been advertising a segment they will be doing on it. One of the reasons I don't like HOAs, nor areas that have restrictive permits, etc.
 
I never have understood why anyone would want to live some place they PAY somebody to tell them what they can and can't have or do to their own yard. There are HOA's all around our place.
 
my county has no zoning or permit requirements, I know it won't last forever but it feels freer than where I left 12 years ago!
 
Shane N.":2lxgqkz3 said:
I never have understood why anyone would want to live some place they PAY somebody to tell them what they can and can't have or do to their own yard. There are HOA's all around our place.
Amen brother!!
 
John *.?-!.* cub owner":38f16nxp said:
I am the president and only member of my local home owner's association, and what I say goes!
Point of order Mr. President if I may. Did you OK that comment with the Chairwoman of the Board?
 
When buying a new home last year one of the main "deal-breakers" was a HOA.
I'd walk away from the otherwise perfect home if it had a HOA. Guess that means I'll never live on a private drive.

I hope this guy spends $10,000 on this truck to pull any dents and have it clear-coated just the way it is.
Then sue the association for the slander.
 
Scrivet":j2smf76p said:
John *.?-!.* cub owner":j2smf76p said:
I am the president and only member of my local home owner's association, and what I say goes!
Point of order Mr. President if I may. Did you OK that comment with the Chairwoman of the Board?
Outside items, such as that truck the yard, etc. I am the boss, and have my wife's permission to say so. Inside she is the chairwoman and has her own permission to say so.
 
John *.?-!.* cub owner":17h617mh said:
Scrivet":17h617mh said:
John *.?-!.* cub owner":17h617mh said:
I am the president and only member of my local home owner's association, and what I say goes!
Point of order Mr. President if I may. Did you OK that comment with the Chairwoman of the Board?
Outside items, such as that truck the yard, etc. I am the boss, and have my wife's permission to say so. Inside she is the chairwoman and has her own permission to say so.
Did she type this message for you? :lol:
 
Shane N.":998dfavy said:
John *.?-!.* cub owner":998dfavy said:
Scrivet":998dfavy said:
Point of order Mr. President if I may. Did you OK that comment with the Chairwoman of the Board?
Outside items, such as that truck the yard, etc. I am the boss, and have my wife's permission to say so. Inside she is the chairwoman and has her own permission to say so.
Did she type this message for you? :lol:
If you can read it she did.
 
outdoors4evr":1sebecp5 said:
When buying a new home last year one of the main "deal-breakers" was a HOA.
I'd walk away from the otherwise perfect home if it had a HOA. Guess that means I'll never live on a private drive.

I moved a little over a year ago. I did walk away from two houses after finding out they had an HOA. The realtor was surprised when we explained that we weren't willing to live under someones thumb.
 
Back
Top