has anyone here owned a farmall H?

JGtools

501 Club
just wondering if anyone on this site has owned a farmall H tractor? have a chance to buy a good running H for 1000.00 not sure if this is a good price or not .. let me know?
 
I have a 43 H and love it. Its almost as much fun as the cubs :mrgreen: :mrgreen: If it was is good shape and runs good I dont see any problem with 1000 bucks. But its all in how bad you want it :D :D
 
Jim - many of us here own them or have owned them. Price is greatly dependent on condition. In this area they run from about $700-$800 up to $1600 or more for nice ones. $1000 should buy you a running, ready to work tractor with good cosmetic appearance.
 
Thanks guys. I just may haveto pick this one up. it looks great, straight sheet metal. tires all good . runs very nice. It would look nice along the side of a cub!! can a guy get or put on a three point sytem of anykind for a h TRACTOR? tHANKS, jim
 
I have a 3 point hitch on mine. And of cousre when you get it we want pics :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Get you some pics if you like :D
 
This H tractor has a draw bar , but no 3 point. it has hydraulics. and pto. could a guy add a three point system? thanks JIM
 
yes you can, but you will need a fairly large diameter cylinder to raise it, since an H hydraulic system only develops form 650 to 1000 pounds depending on year and condition of system.
 
Think over the purchase of the H a bit and do some research. The 3-point will cost you some where around $600- plus the purchase price for the H.

What I'm suggesting is that you can purchase a tractor with the 3-point and a few other features for close to the price range of the H plus 3-point.
 
I have an H.I love it !!!Big enough to do jobs the cubs can't.I use it in my garden[big garden]Pulls my disc,plows, and has pulled 3 cars out of ditches or out from being stuck,along with other chores[grass cutting].Pull the muffler and fits in the garage. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Kevin
 
My H has The Saginaw 3pt on it. It cost me around $800.00 delivered to the door. It makes the H a real nice tractor as it is very well designed. On the liftall pump it could easy lift a few thousand pounds plus you can have down pressure. I had a 2N Ford at one time and can tell you from experience the H with a 3pt is easily twice the tractor the Ford no matter the plow rating. I used to plant trees with a 25" Danauser auger. The Ford could barely handle an 18" and the H played with the 25". With the addition of Live hydraulics and a 3pt hitch the H can be a nice tractor for the money just start off with one no more than a $1000.00. I bought my H for $450.00. I'm up to almost $5000.00 invested ( yeh I know...real crazy ). But for that money I've got 3pt hitch/dual remotes/power top link/live hydraulics/new power steering/creeper gear/all new rims and tires/bolster weights/front wheels weights/and a 169cu engine with about 45HP. Plus all the parts that go with a top to bottom rebuild.
 
Another H owner here!!!!----just can't climb on and off mine well enough to use it anymore,--used to spray and saw firewood with it!----It did NOT like the sawmill tho!!---not enough pto rpm to cut ! also was a good sickle mower tractor for cutting hay. thanks; sonny
 
Hey Sonny what about a belt pulley.Thats what I'm gonna use when I get the cash to buy a belt.The cub is OK but i want the H to do the job!!!!!Kevin :twisted: :twisted:
 
I grew up on an H. Started driving it when I was probably only about 6 years old, and was operating it by myself at about age 10. That was somewhere around 50 years ago. I now own a 1950 H with a McCormick #31 loader, a 1940 H with a Woods belly mower, and a 1946 H with a 1953 super H engine that is currently looking for a job to do.
The cool thing about Hs is that just about any part you might ever need is easily available as well as just about any accessory you might want to add. Fenders, 3 points, wide fronts, etc.
 
Back
Top