Happy Veteran's Day

T-Mo

501 Club
This day seems to go unnoticed by some (as does Pearl Harbor Day). But I want to show respect and honor to all my fellow veterans. I salute you all.

Terry Reed
E-6 Staff Sergeant
US Army
12B Combat Engineer
1978-1985

BTW, my avatar is the Black Horse patch worn by the 11th ACR, V Corps. I served with them in Fulda, Germany 1980-82, as a member of the 58th Combat Engineer Company, 11th ACR (Armor Cavalry Regiment).
 
First I salute You and my Flag is out there flying. When reading posts I noticed the avatar and I thought; oh, the prancing horse. This guy owns a Ferrari ! Glad you cleared that up and I like you very much more.
 
Thank you to all Veterans this day. We honor and appreciate you.

Thank you Terry for this post reminding us of our duty to those who served.
 
Terry,
Yes - thank you for posting this.
Someday I will be the father of a veteran. For now, Armed Forces Day in May is when I can formally honor and thank Erik for his service and willingness to lay down his life for us, though I hope and pray that I never have to contend with Memorial Day.

:applause:
 
Wonderful. I especially thank T-MO for the link to the Black Horse history. How could I have been so ignorant. I mean, I've always been interested about armored vehicles and tracked armor in particular. Always how OURs stacked to theirs but bottom line, they didn't have to ship them across oceans. We haven't had land based tank warfare in dear USA. So of course I've been to Aberdeen Proving Grounds many times and other Forts. During 'Nam, I was probably destined to the ONTOS but had a serious medical problem, corrected at Walter Reed Army Hospital- the older one. Man, I was surrounded by wounded Vets there and there were stories. Some few years later i worked with a guy who was there and Did command an ONTOS . I forget but that small tracked vehicle had either six or eight recoiless 75mm canons. His recounts were sparse and not exactly positive. That is just one person of one time.
Dang, I've gone long so bye.
 
A big thank you to all of mynfellow veterans . I served this great nation proudly in the United States Naval Air Force .

Berlin
 
Back
Top