H carbarator

mapletree

New member
Runs only if the choke is almost all of the way on. Carb was soaked in carb cleaner and a new kit installed. What did I do wrong? It did this before the new kit was installed.

Thanks.....Dick
 
I just worked on an H for a guy about a month ago. I cleaned and put a kit in the carb. After making adjustments by the rebuild kit instructions it did not run well either. I took it apart again to make sure all passages were clean and I got the throttle linkage in the slot right. Then I checking plugs, points, valves and timing. I ended up playing with the mixture and main jet screws a 1/4 turn at a time until I got it running right.

Hope this helps.

Rodney 8)
 
Carburetors have a mind of their own. The one on my Super A did this exact thing after I rebuilt it. I just took it off again, blew out all the passages, and stuck thin wire in places that I could to scrape around and soaked it in cleaner. Worked perfectly.
 
"Soaking" isn't the magical cure-all. If something is hard-packed in a passage or jet somewhere you can soak it until the entire carburetor disintegrates, you will not get that cleared out unless you go at it with a drill bit or fine wire.
 
Back
Top