I saw a reference in another thread about gib keys. The company I work for, continues to use many of these devices to attach sprockets, pulleys, and etc. (I thought they were antiquated when I went to work for them in 1982) After removing & installing hundreds over the past 30 years, and conducting service training sessions to many dealers, I do not object to them at all. It all has to do with the "fit" and whether the guy that installed it the first time knew what he was doing. (make every effort to save the original key, as the replacement will need to be "fitted") The worse thing is when someone deforms the key while attempting to seat it. If it doesn't go into the sprocket or pulley far enough, you get out a file, not a bigger hammer. It does take a bit of time to fit it correctly, but they won't fall out, and will be able to be removed.
Maybe that could be my contribution for a Cubfest sometime???
Maybe that could be my contribution for a Cubfest sometime???