Getting Old Sucks

Eugene

501 Club
Drove wife to ophthalmologist this morning to have the lenses in her eye measured for cataract surgery. Specialists/nurses who took the measurements told wife she should not drive. Wife argued with me that the doctor did not tell her she could not drive.

I then told the wife that she could not drive until after the lens replacement in the right eye. Son came over and I told him about wife's driving restriction. Son said that he would drive wife around until the operation to replace the lens in the right eye, if needed.

10 weeks until the lens replacement in right eye. Another month or so until the left eye surgery.

I've had the lenses replaced in both eyes. My out of pocket was very low for both operations. Many advances since. Wife chose the lenses that would correct both far and near vision. Surgery would be paid by insurance but the lens selection will not, at a cost of $2000- per eye.

Oh well. I guess she is worth it since I recently spent over $8000- on her dental plates.
 
Sorry to hear about your wife but things will workout I'm sure.

Getting old does suck there's so much I want to do yet. I'm snail slow. I look at the work I need done then walk away.
 
Wife's cataract surgery on 7 Nov 17, first check up 8 Nov 17. Every thing went well with the surgery and first check up.

Except, immediately after the surgery the surgeon told the wife to take it easy for the day and not to do any housework.

Wife says that the surgeon said not to do any housework for one week, although she can drive if she feels comfortable with driving. OK, I so made lunch for two days and took wife out for dinner last night, cooked diner tonight.

We'll see how long the wife insists on no housework when I take her out for dinner for the next day or two and make her pay.

Edit. 3 medicine prescribe eye drops, 4 time each a day, 1/2 hour interval between drops, equals 4 hours a day. This goes on for 2 weeks, then drops down to 2 prescription eye drops 4 time each a day for 2 or 3 weeks.

Good thing I have black walnut to crack and pick. Other wise I would have nothing to do, except clean house.
 
Back
Top