Garage Heater

Jeff Silvey

501 Club
Well several of you guys have been at my place. I heat my garage with a Mr Heater fueled with propane. It does keep it cozy. My Cub Cave is 24 X 29 with 6" walls insulated. My other garage which is connect is 24 X 24 with a wall seperating the two garages. I have the room to mount in the corner. I really think of buying this heater & was wandering if anyone here on the forum has one in their shop. They have two BTU's 45000 or 75000 I dont really know which one would keep both garges warm. I was thinking of putting in vents at the ceiling on the wall that seperates the two garages to keep the air flow plus keep the door between the garages open.
Thanks
Jeff

Big%20Maxx[1].jpg
 
I've always thought I'd like one of those. As easy as your garage heats, I'd think the smaller one would do the job for you, you might need a fan of some sort, to circulate air between the two rooms.
 
Jeff, I use a heater like that but the manual covers several models so I cant find the size. The data plate is turned to the wall. I can easily heat my woodshop which is 28x30x9. I leave it at 45 degrees so I'm not starting from cold. I'm using natrural gas. I can get the cub in by moving a saw and have done it. Kind of nice. Vern
heater_%28Small%29.jpg
 
BTU calculators on the internet will provide a rough idea of the required furnace size.

Vent free propane heater. Use to have a large shop with a wall between the two sides/buildings.

The smaller side, we used a 3 brick vent free natural gas heater and a standard ceiling fan to circulate the heat. You could adjust the number of fired/heating bricks to the desired temperature. One heating brick at night to keep things from freezing. 2 or 3 bricks when folks were working.

The larger side, seldom used in cold weather, was heated with a large natural gas furnace. Part of the duct work was plumbed into the smaller side. Another ceiling fan use to circulate the heat.
 
I have installed many of these heaters for work. Reznor and Hot Dawg are the 2 best IMO. Your square footage would determine the needed BTU's. Problem would be the wall as previously noted. IMO if you stick with either of those 2 brands you will be very happy.
 
Back
Top