Fellow shooters

cyriaque

Well-known member
I've noticed that several, if not many of us are into shooting. Just wondering what you enjoy shooting. I've got about 30 firearms of various calibers-rifles and pistols. Love to shoot the old military-garands, carbines, 1903. You?
 
Before anyone goes to far in this discussion, I suggest you consider what you say about kinds and numbers of firearms you own. It is not that difficult to trace your IP address back to the owner, user name or not, and something like 30 firearms would be a great haul for a burglar.
 
Ive got 4 Vintage hand guns Colt 1911 WWI issue, Colt 38 semi auto, a Derringer 22, H&R 38 revolver and 2 rifles Winchester model 60 serial number 520 out of 164,000, a Savage model 99 center fire 22, and a 1833 breach loader, Vintage firearms is my interest I like to target shoot never hunted a day in my life.
 
I agree that there is some validity to John's point. But, the chances of someone researching this particular forum and finding the IP address, then breaking in, triggering the alarm, breaking into the area the firearms are in, then breaking into the safe are slim. I face a much bigger risk from the brethren in our city who kicked in the door of my neighbor twice in 3 months and burglarized his home. So, the risk is acceptable to me, and respect those who may not feel comfortable with it. Like Challenger, I'm more afraid of the government. I once got a letter from Mary Landrieu telling me that guns are just for killing. My response to her was that I must be a terrible shot since I've shot over 100,000 rounds and never hit anyone. Meanwhile, I'll enjoy this hobby and shooting too.
 
I enjoy the hobby too just targets and a little home protection, a scant 4 miles from my house is what I call the" Demilitarized Zone" plenty of riff raff over there that will break in and steal your property I doubt any of them ever use the web to choose who's next.
 
cyriaque":1jsio2tc said:
My response to her was that I must be a terrible shot since I've shot over 100,000 rounds and never hit anyone.

:lol: :lol: Keep practicing. :D :D

Anyone ever try CAS?
 
Enjoyed shooting for many years, just recently got back into rimfires both rifle and pistol. In fact my daughter and I just got home from the annual meeting and picnic at the local range. Which, by the way is sometimes mowed with my 185! And yes I do love those older S&W revolvers :-:-):
 
I always wanted a revolver-for several reasons. :wink:

I just acquired a Stainless double action 38 special and love it. Where is the CHEAPEST place to buy ammo to plink with? and what should they run per box? I got a couple boxes with it, but some are obviously old.

I have shot about 1/2 of a box through it, but do not want to shoot any more of the old ones.The last shot I fired was a dud. Primer went off, powder did not, the bullet passed the chamber and I was able to remove it with no problem. I am glad I was going slow and did not send another one after it.
 
dshawz":38yobikh said:
I always wanted a revolver-for several reasons. :wink:

I just acquired a Stainless double action 38 special and love it. Where is the CHEAPEST place to buy ammo to plink with? and what should they run per box? I got a couple boxes with it, but some are obviously old.

I have shot about 1/2 of a box through it, but do not want to shoot any more of the old ones.The last shot I fired was a dud. Primer went off, powder did not, the bullet passed the chamber and I was able to remove it with no problem. I am glad I was going slow and did not send another one after it.


Wal mart is about as cheap as anyone around here, next is ordering from Midwat Shooting Supplies. Lead bullets are usualy cheaper than jacketed. Some farm & ranch stores also sell ammo. Havn't bought any for quite awhile as I reload.
Prices are in the 16 to 20 dollar range for a box of 50
 
Yup I like guns, I don't know about other states but in Ma, if a police officer is answering a call dispatch can check and let him know if there are registered firearms in the home. I am sure many folks have guns that do not show up on the list. As for shooting I have a lot of fun with rimfire 22 s and have become a fan of the rimfire 17 cal. Can't beat the price for 22 rounds, love shooting the big stuff still though.
 
cyriaque":1orecjcr said:
I've noticed that several, if not many of us are into shooting. Just wondering what you enjoy shooting. I've got about 30 firearms of various calibers-rifles and pistols. Love to shoot the old military-garands, carbines, 1903. You?

I took my son to the range we fired the 1902 Colt 38 and the M1911 neither of these guns has been fired in at least 60 years we put a 120 rounds through the M1911 and a scant 9 through the 1902, through 1902 to shoots and obsolete round that is 50 dollars for 40 rounds so were going to check in to reloading as a way of keeping the 1902 active , both these guns are old the 1902 is a 104 years old and is the predecessor to the M1911, my M1911 is 97 years old and was my Grandfathers WWI military issue that he brought back from France it really is fun shooting these old guns they have alot of history to them..

hers a pic of the Colt 1902
719.jpg


Heres a couple of the M1911, check the condition of the M1911 as opposed to the 1902 the 1902 was bought new by my Great Grandfather and always kept in the house the M1911 on the other hand was in a trench in France for a solid year then my Grandfather Some how got to keep it but for some reason he never took care of it it was always in a tool box in the barn until my Dad got it in the 70's I don't know where the damage came from could have been France or the neglect of 50 years in a tool box
715.jpg

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n290 ... 34/714.jpg
 
I have quite a few rifles and pistols, from .22 to a .300 Ultra mag.
I have even made a couple of trips from Va to the Whittington Center in New Mexico to enjoy the shooting facilities and the scenery.
I love long range shooting and there are very few places to be able to shoot to 600 yards and beyond.
I highly recommend attending an Appleseed Shoot if you get the chance http://www.appleseedinfo.org.
They have the best rifle marksmanship program going, and you learn a little history in the process.
There is nothing more satisfying than to hit the target at 600 yards with a 20 mile an hour wind!
Dave
 
Dave (69 lo-boy)":2dbfa6p1 said:
I have quite a few rifles and pistols, from .22 to a .300 Ultra mag.
I have even made a couple of trips from Va to the Whittington Center in New Mexico to enjoy the shooting facilities and the scenery.
I love long range shooting and there are very few places to be able to shoot to 600 yards and beyond.
I highly recommend attending an Appleseed Shoot if you get the chance http://www.appleseedinfo.org.
They have the best rifle marksmanship program going, and you learn a little history in the process.
There is nothing more satisfying than to hit the target at 600 yards with a 20 mile an hour wind!
Dave
The last time I shot at 600 yards was Camp Pendleton during boot camp in 1969. I'm not sure I can see that far now. :shock: :lol:
 
Back
Top