Farmall H

bear4work

Active member
I have a '51 Farmall H. The upper petcock on the oil pan leaks oil. I have closed it tightly, but when i am on a slight incline, it leaks oil. The oil also leaks right after I stop using the tractor. The oil pressure is good, but since It leaks, i just add in what came out when i want to use it. Is there any way to fix this leak? Thanks.
 
If originallity isn't high on your priority list, plain old pet cocks work fine. I can't remember, its either 1/4" or 3/8 npt. When I went to buy some at CaseIH thats what they sold me. Other option is to remove the leaky one and just see if something is lodged under the valve. Most likely the threads are tired though.
 
bear4work":141v7wrb said:
If I did replace it, how would i take it out?

Righty-tighty, lefty-loosey! :D

It just turns out with a plain old open-ended wrench of the appropriate size. There's a bung welded into the pan which the petcock threads into.

Should just turn right out. Shouldn't be rusted in, living in an oil-rich environment down there. Don't force it if it doesn't come relatively easy, or you'll damage the oil pan.
 
Back
Top