Farmall H governor

Does anyone know of a place to view or download a service manual for a Farmall H? I have an I&T manual, but it is useless for this. I need to replace the weight pivot pins on mine, and cannot figure out how to get to them. They ave to be swedged on both ends to hold them in place.

H%20governor.jpg
 
John, I just looked on Messicks website. It shows the pins as replaceable and available. I know that doesn't answer your question, but I wonder if the swedged end has to be drilled out to remove the weights.

Bob
 
I already have new pins from local dealer, but the pins are solid in the middle and hollow on each end with the ends expanded like a flare on a copper tube. To do this I am going to have to get the weight and shaft assembly out where I can support it.
 
As I recall, IH used to provide the weight and carrier assembly as a unit. I imagine you have to remove the assembly and get it in a vise so you can knock the pins out. Looks like you have to push the assembly forward to get the bearings off then bring it out the side, back end first.
 
Back
Top