Farmall Cub Low Idle Pop- Video Added!!!

The valves with the bigger heads are the intake valves, the valves with the smaller heads are the exhaust valves.
I can't tell what your picture in post 20 is.
Below is a picture from TM Tractor Parts of a Cub engine block, you can see where the valves go in it.
The engine could have a burned valve, or burned valve seat, just possibilities.
 

Attachments

  • Cub block 4.jpg
    Cub block 4.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
The valves with the bigger heads are the intake valves, the valves with the smaller heads are the exhaust valves.
I can't tell what your picture in post 20 is.
Below is a picture from TM Tractor Parts of a Cub engine block, you can see where the valves go in it.
The engine could have a burned valve, or burned valve seat, just possibilities.
Glen in my post 20, that's a picture of the intake valve when it's open. They all look like there build up with carbon but the 1# cylinder intake valve is the worst. The valves themselves look good and so do the seats from what I can see on my inspection camera. Ofcourse that doesn't mean there isn't a bad spot where I can't see it.
 
You don't show much of the exhaust pipe, most of the video is the door, I guess.
It would be nice to know how the engine sounds when you hold the exhaust cap fully open with your hand, so we don't hear the clicking of the cap.
If the engine is hot, wear gloves so you don't burn your hands.
 
You don't show much of the exhaust pipe, most of the video is the door, I guess.
It would be nice to know how the engine sounds when you hold the exhaust cap fully open with your hand, so we don't hear the clicking of the cap.
Glen, the first part of the video was showing the cap moving. When you see the door IS when I had the cap open with my hand and I had the speaker of my phone up at the exhaust so you can hear it. The speaker on my phone isn't the best and I wanted to make sure the sound was heard. If you hear a static noise it's probably my speaker, but you can hear the thud or popping noise I was referring too.
 
Back
Top