Bill Hudson
501 Club
Mr E":16veo4kj said:I'd sure like to tour the home with the two of you, so I could ask a few questions. :{_}:
I think I'll pass. :lol: :lol:
Bill
Mr E":16veo4kj said:I'd sure like to tour the home with the two of you, so I could ask a few questions. :{_}:
Bill Hudson":1a5cvaz6 said:Mr E":1a5cvaz6 said:I'd sure like to tour the home with the two of you, so I could ask a few questions. :{_}:
I think I'll pass. :lol: :lol:
Bill
I would too, but do not think as fast as I used to, and would need to draw a diagram as I went.Mr E":39h6zmkd said:I'd sure like to tour the home with the two of you, so I could ask a few questions. :{_}:
Jim Becker":1muiikb1 said:I plowed my drive today. When I got done, the Cub still had half a tank of amps.
:lol: :lol:Jim Becker":2ingfjc6 said:I plowed my drive today. When I got done, the Cub still had half a tank of amps.
I'm thinking wood stove at this point.Jim Becker":1icclj9s said:........The problem now is to decide on a permanent fix. .........
Are you SURE you didn't accidentally copy this from some instructions for a toy you assembled Christmas Eve?Jim Becker":1icclj9s said:.......Unless I discover something else (like a surprise as I test with both large elements connected), I am going to reconfigure it to only use two elements. This requires:
1) Remove the contactor and contactor box.
2) Place an electrical box where the contactor was, connect the original input (cable 1) to the cable feeding the thermostat (cable 2). Run a new cable from the output of the thermostat to the box where cable 4 is connected to the elements. Connect elements 1 and 2 to the new cable.
3) Cables 3 and 4 and element 3 will all be abandoned in place ( and tagged for future reference)......
Jim Becker":31kpie65 said:I plowed my drive today. When I got done, the Cub still had half a tank of amps.
Jim must be the guy behind that electric Cub we read about.Jim Becker":2phiijrl said:I plowed my drive today. When I got done, the Cub still had half a tank of amps.
I had to mull that over a bit. Essentially the current thermostat and 2 large elements get priority and the second thermostat only gets power when the large elements are turned off. I can think of a couple ways to do that. Some would require changing the breaker to a GFI to avoid replicating the non-protected situation I started with.Bus Driver":ul1hmt7j said:There is another possibility to operate all three . . .