EJ to the rescue

Neighbor called wanting to know if I could pull his son's truck out of a wooded field where he was stuck today. I drove my 4wd up to look things over and decided real quick that all i would accomplish with it was getting mine stuck too. The wooded field is a goat pasture that has no grass left, plus we have had only a few days above 20 degrees till recently so the ground was frozen deep. The last 3 days have been in the 50s to 70s, so the top 3 or 4 inches have thawed, resulting in 3 or 4 inches of mud on top of a few inches of frozen ground, and in some areas it has thawed through. Combined with no grass in the field, trees, and a number of rocks sticking out of the ground a foot or so that a dozer couldn't move the field was a real mess.

I headed for home and started moving junk out of the way so i could get EJ out of the shed. For those of you new to the board, EJ is my Dad's Farmall H that some members of the board surprised me with by buying it from the previous owner, restoring it, and giving it to me a couple years ago.
viewtopic.php?t=15765
viewtopic.php?t=15782&highlight=suprise
viewtopic.php?t=16270&highlight=

EJ has been started and run awhile several times this winter, but hasn't been out of the shed since last September, so it took a while to move stuff around. Got him out of the shed and headed up the road. We started through the field paddling through mud up to the rims in places . I broke his flimsy chain 3 times and had to reposition and rehook twice to keep from pulling the truck sideways into trees, but it came out. Once I got him moving and clear of the trees I opened the throttle and didn't stop till both were on solid ground. EJ has 3 sets of wheel weights and some good deep lug tires (irrigation rig tires), or I wouldn't have made it

Being a good hillbilly, I guess it is time to give EJ his spring bath. A couple months early this year though.

EJ%20muddy.jpg
 
Gary Dotson":cbjaz9jr said:
I think your neighbor's son should be giving E.J. his bath. Good workout for E.J. though.
:Dito: I agree Gary!
I'm sure E.J. was right at home, pulling!
 
I'm surprised the stuck pickup did pull itself out of the mud and run like heck when it saw EJ aproaching with that saw on the front end. :!: :!: :!:
 
I bet EJ enjoyed the workout as much as you did :lol:

Reminds me of a few years ago when we convinced a naive co-worker that a person could use the winch on the front of a truck and hook it to the same trucks rear bumper to pull itself out if it ever got stuck. :roll:
 
John *.?-!.* cub owner":2dopn31z said:
Reminds me of my Uncle Josh. They said he was so strong he could reach around, grab the back of his belt, and pick himself up. :lol:
:bellylaugh: :bellylaugh: :bellylaugh:
 
Back
Top