Jeff D. N.E. Wis.
Well-known member
We have a Panasonic DVD recorder that is only 3 1/2 years old and is shot. We were in a dept. store looking to buy a new one. All the units said "no tuner". I asked one of the young sales guys about the "no tuner" deal and he informed me that it will be next to impossible to find one with a tuner. He said all the new ones need to run through a cable or satellite dish box to record. Since we can't afford either one of those and get our TV over an antenna, I asked how can we record a show while watching another. He said you are out of luck.
What the heck is with that? I know the majority of people have cable or satellite but what about the rest of us? :evil: I see units online that have a digital tuner but they run $400.00 to $500.00 which is way too rich for our blood. Heck the last one we paid $250.00 which I thought was a lot. Anybody have any ideas that would be a little more cost effective? Thanks.
What the heck is with that? I know the majority of people have cable or satellite but what about the rest of us? :evil: I see units online that have a digital tuner but they run $400.00 to $500.00 which is way too rich for our blood. Heck the last one we paid $250.00 which I thought was a lot. Anybody have any ideas that would be a little more cost effective? Thanks.