Don't Chunk Old Regulators!

rcbaughn

Active member
I wanted everyone on the forum to see this, but if you buy a new regulator (like I did from Steiner) more than likely it won't have the Delco-Remy imprinted on the top, but the old covers fit right on the new regulators! I know the small things like this matter to me, so if your like me get out the wire wheel and get to cleaning the old cover up and paint her black if you happen to buy a new regulator!

That Delco-Remy imprint is priceless to me, I'm going to great lengths to get my great-grandpa's (Pa-pa) old 1965 Farmall 140 back to showroom new. Got over 30 hours in dremel work on all the bolts, springs, clamp, etc! Hopefully it's gonna be nice if I can hone my body workin' skills!

Sorry if this isn't "Off-Topic" enough, but I figured every model of Farmall owner would appreciate this tidbit and I'm way to lazy to post it in each sub-forum! God bless!
 
Thanks RC. Post some pictures of your 140, we'd like to follow along with your progress and see before and after pictures. Thanks for posting.

Rick
 
I'll start a thread sometime this weekend fellas!

Not sure this regulators a China made unit, but I see no harm.

And wherever Polo Ralph Lauren shirts and shorts are made is what I stick with.
 
LOL, I hear ya. My dad picks at me, but I pick right back. Something about dad's though, no matter how old he gets he could always kick my butt. It's that Dad strength!
 
I'll get a thread going soon, I am about 70% done, and it will definitely be finished before Sept. 27 since I have a parade I plan to attend! My friend who is helping me do some of the work is gonna pull his kids on a trailer and have a sign on it for his starter and generator rebuilding business he does on the side weekends and some evenings. Great guy and hoping the 'ole 140 can bring him some business!

I'm thinking about getting into the classic generator restoring service myself. They seem rather simple and I'd like to help some people out and make a little money to boot.
 
Back
Top