Does anybody know what this part is?

lyle11

501 Club
For years I have been mowing what was a cow pasture until 30 years ago. Saw a flat rusty metal object that I mowed right over a hundred times. I finally pulled it out of the ground yesterday. It looks like a tailgate or some type of panel off some piece of International equipment. It’s real heavy for it’s size which is roughly 4’X15”.

596D390F-CE34-4E1C-A386-C1A362968F40.jpeg
02F4F80E-A15E-4C75-AAB4-245796EF1479.jpeg
6F8E29C6-60A8-44B6-BA8D-A4F97682CE44.jpeg
 
My first thought too. Then thought if it was the right size, it could be from a dump trailer, but the impressed logo is of the International truck division. So, probably a truck tailgate as Jim indicated.
 
Thanks for the replies. I figured it was a tailgate but was never into old trucks and not familiar with this logo. My parents bought this 80 acre farm in 1969 for $8,500 and we never owned an International truck so this has been laying in the pasture for at least 52 years.
 
Want to sell the farm for $17,500?

That would double their money and put $500 in your pocket for spending money!

:lol:

:thumbsup:
 
Back
Top