ricky racer
501 Club
Tuesday I got a phone call from my daughter Ashlynn, while I was at work. She said she was driving her car and it started shaking really bad and her brakes and steering quit working. Her car was parked alongside the road and her mom had to pick her up. What went through my mind was her car must of started running rough and stalled making the steering and brakes difficult without power. I figured that I'd have to go check it out once I got off of work, get it started or pull it up on my equipment trailer and haul it home to see if I can get it fixed. A few minutes later she texted me this picture.
:shock: She was traveling about 50 MPH and the ball joint broke. The left axle was also yanked out and destroyed. She was heading into a right hand, down hill curve. The car stayed in the lane and followed the curve. Ashlynn said she was standing on the brakes and trying to steer it but nothing worked, she was just along for the ride. As the car slowed and the left front wheel assembly pitched out as you see it in the picture (evidenced by the skid mark left for approximately 100 yards) the car pitched off the right hand side of the road and came to a stop looking like someone had just parked it there. :worthy: With the left ball joint breaking and rounding a right hand corner, it just amazes me that she wasn't sent across the road into oncoming traffic.
Now, there are those who believe in dumb luck but maybe I am weak in faith but I just don't have enough faith to believe in that. If I have learned anything in my nearly 59 years, dumb luck might come into play once in a great while but divine intervention and answered prayer is much more reliable and something that I'll place my faith in. I believe it takes less faith to believe in the Good Lord, especially when you can see evidence all around you of His creation. Anyway, I'm very glad she walked away with nothing more than some busted car parts and a new respect for what can happen in a moment without notice.
:shock: She was traveling about 50 MPH and the ball joint broke. The left axle was also yanked out and destroyed. She was heading into a right hand, down hill curve. The car stayed in the lane and followed the curve. Ashlynn said she was standing on the brakes and trying to steer it but nothing worked, she was just along for the ride. As the car slowed and the left front wheel assembly pitched out as you see it in the picture (evidenced by the skid mark left for approximately 100 yards) the car pitched off the right hand side of the road and came to a stop looking like someone had just parked it there. :worthy: With the left ball joint breaking and rounding a right hand corner, it just amazes me that she wasn't sent across the road into oncoming traffic.
Now, there are those who believe in dumb luck but maybe I am weak in faith but I just don't have enough faith to believe in that. If I have learned anything in my nearly 59 years, dumb luck might come into play once in a great while but divine intervention and answered prayer is much more reliable and something that I'll place my faith in. I believe it takes less faith to believe in the Good Lord, especially when you can see evidence all around you of His creation. Anyway, I'm very glad she walked away with nothing more than some busted car parts and a new respect for what can happen in a moment without notice.