Diesel pick up trucks

john2189

501 Club
What is with these diesel duelly trucks leaking some kind of liquid as they are going down the road. I've seeing this more and more. Makes a mess on the road
 
Lack of maintenance. Many have the injectors turned up to th3e point they do not burn all the fuel also, though those are usually leaving a cloud of black smoke also.
 
Jackman":1sdf6ihu said:
Ive had three Ford diesel pick ups no leaks :D , you might be seeing Dodge and or Cheby's :mrgreen:
I told my wife I was thinking about selling our Duramax and buying a Ford, she told me she thinks it's time we both start seeing other men :lol:
 
I haven't seen a brand of vehicle that hasn't broken down yet, so I usually don't give any loyalty to any brand. But, I hadn't had the best of luck with Ford. And I really don't like the looks of the new Ford trucks, plus the aluminum bed, in my opinion, isn't a good idea for a truck. I wouldn't rule a Ford out, but it probably would have to be a great deal if I bought one. But, then again, it would have to be a great deal if I bought any "new" truck, Ford, Chevy, Ram, or whatever. And after seeing prices on new trucks, especially the diesels, my next "new" truck probably would be an used one, anyways.
 
I live on a state highway and lots of diesel pick-ups drive by. I haven't seen anything leaking or making a mess on the road so I have no idea what you are seeing.
 
DEF Fluid is injected into the exhaust to treat particulates and nitrates. This is needed on many diesel engines (not all, but many) to meet emissions standards.
 
Small point but the aluminum bed is only on the F150 and not on the Ford powerstroke models.
 
when i see those commercials showing the aluminum ford truck bed getting holes knocked in it , i wonder , is it just me or would i not lift the loader full of rocks that high above the truck and them drop them . :wink: coppersmythe.........................
 
coppersmythe":2iuxc6wq said:
when i see those commercials showing the aluminum ford truck bed getting holes knocked in it , i wonder , is it just me or would i not lift the loader full of rocks that high above the truck and them drop them . :wink: coppersmythe.........................
If you want to make a competitors truck look bad you come up with anything you can, reasonable or not.
 
I havent seen a car or truck that didnt spew liquid out its tail pipe till it was up to running temperature. Next time out in the morning at the stop light watch the persons tail pipe in front of you. Most time you will see water dripping out. as for the pickups with beds, water can collect in the bed and run out when they excelerate and theres always that 5 gallon bucket that sloshes liquid out. It will follow the path of least resistance.
 
Back
Top