Bus Driver
501 Club
Went today, the first day for this year. Last day is Saturday July 5. Chose today as it has/had the best weather forecast for this week for that area.
I think I did not attend the Last two years. Lots of Cubs in all the ranges of condition. Saw one square-nose LoBoy, Yellow and white, that was marked as a 1949. Did not copy the serial number but assumed that the wrong serial number list was consulted.
Many more tractors there than I have ever seen there before. I saw a large antique truck being hauled away this afternoon that belongs to a good friend of mine from some distance and I assume that there simply was no room for it. Too much for me to see in one day-- the old feet are slower now.
Saw a 274 IH. First class restoration. The first one I have seen in person. Parts for it probably would be very difficult to find.
http://www.tractordata.com/farm-tractor ... r-274.html
My guess is that the number of A/Super A/100/130/140 tractors already sold mostly satisfied the demand at that time for that size and style. Probably few 274/284 were sold. Ford offered a similar offset model of their 1710 in the same time frame and it apparently did not sell in volume.
Saw a stretched Cub Cadet that now seats 5 single file. Looked good. Did not see it running. It was in the wooded camping area.
It was a good day.
Lots of vendors selling all sorts of "stuff", parts of the show are more like a flea market. This rural NC. Just before I left, a man in his early 30s walked by carrying an old double barrel shotgun. Probably bought it from a vendor. Nobody seemed concerned about the shotgun and I certainly was not concerned. I remember the time years ago I walked past the county courthouse carrying a 30-30 rifle i had just bought and a deputy just waved his hand to me.
I think I did not attend the Last two years. Lots of Cubs in all the ranges of condition. Saw one square-nose LoBoy, Yellow and white, that was marked as a 1949. Did not copy the serial number but assumed that the wrong serial number list was consulted.
Many more tractors there than I have ever seen there before. I saw a large antique truck being hauled away this afternoon that belongs to a good friend of mine from some distance and I assume that there simply was no room for it. Too much for me to see in one day-- the old feet are slower now.
Saw a 274 IH. First class restoration. The first one I have seen in person. Parts for it probably would be very difficult to find.
http://www.tractordata.com/farm-tractor ... r-274.html
My guess is that the number of A/Super A/100/130/140 tractors already sold mostly satisfied the demand at that time for that size and style. Probably few 274/284 were sold. Ford offered a similar offset model of their 1710 in the same time frame and it apparently did not sell in volume.
Saw a stretched Cub Cadet that now seats 5 single file. Looked good. Did not see it running. It was in the wooded camping area.
It was a good day.
Lots of vendors selling all sorts of "stuff", parts of the show are more like a flea market. This rural NC. Just before I left, a man in his early 30s walked by carrying an old double barrel shotgun. Probably bought it from a vendor. Nobody seemed concerned about the shotgun and I certainly was not concerned. I remember the time years ago I walked past the county courthouse carrying a 30-30 rifle i had just bought and a deputy just waved his hand to me.