Cub Clutch Drama.

Mag Man

501 Club
So I have had this Cub 51 F cub for about 20 years now. The previous owner said it was rebuilt new cyl head and new clutch when I bought it but it never acted right afterwards. First problem I found was Gov timing was off. Had a bit more power then but not what I thought driving H' and M's and big tractors my whole life.
So it has been ups and downs and woe's Like every other Cub guy on here till NOW! The clutch had been getting to the point where when you pushed it in the tranny did not want to stop. So what is a red neck cub owner to do? Well you carry a small hardwood stick and turn the pto on use stick to stop the pto and then it stops rear end from spinning, Lol So I used it once this winter and she started really puking oil from front seal. So I parked it. Went to start and move for possible clutch Job to shop and I could not shift nor stop rear-end at all. So well crap!! I adjusted clutch peddle to where I could shift it out of gear when on hill and motor off. OK. I decided it sat long enough rolled it down hill bump started it and when I would push clutch in oh what a Clatter and no clutch. Crap again. Started putting all the clutch parts in my shopping cart when I said I am going to research this a little. The The Fingers were almost a inch from throw out. So Not really being able to see very good and laying on my back with Sun in my eyes and Back stimulator shocking me when I raised my arms like grabbing a electric fence. I went to shop and got around 130 tools it would take for best or worse case scenario. Came back sun was a bit dif had a flashlight went to loosen lock nuts on fingers and said that's weird where are they? Everyone of them had spun off and the fingers had all loosened up to that 1 inch or so of play. So I adjusted them with flashlight in mouth electric fence nailing me hard But I need to know what I need to buy for the lock nuts? What size or where to acquire them?
Any help would be appreciated while I set here making a hair appointment for new Plugs tomorrow after pulling it all out on this Lovely Farmall Cub!
MagMan Jon
 
Back
Top