Conceal carry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Being the victim of a road rage incident because I was doing 45-50mph in a 55 zone the road was crooked and did not have any passing lanes the idiot behind me in his HUMMER thought I should drive faster or pull over and let him go after flashing his lights and blowing his horn we came to a stop sign where he pulled beside me and was telling me to get the hell off the road I slowly pulled my 9mm up and looked straight ahead that's the last I saw of him.

Jim
 
Boss Hog":c3jtug4w said:
A lot depends on the state, Va, Tex and WVa you would most likely be ok, up north may be a bit more involved :D
As I previously stated, Missouri is an open carry state with a few restrictions. Conceal and carry has less restrictions.

The Stand Your Ground provision in state law only requires to feel threatened.

If you can legally own a fire arm in Missouri, you have little chance of being charged with a felony defending yourself, or your property.

Depending on circumstance you could be charged with a felony. Example chasing the fleeing perpetrator down the street and shooting at him/her.

The original topic was conceal and carry and which type firearms.
 
In the Chicago area, if you get caught with an unlicensed hand gun, it's a mandatory 5 years in Cook County Jail. The stiff gun laws are there to help make Chicago the beautiful crime free city it is today.

Myself I carry a folding knife, however my knife just happens to be a tool used almost daily. Liberals consider it a weapon but to an old country boy, it's a tool. I've carried a knife since I was a young man. In all of the decades I've carried a knife, I've never had to use it as a weapon but as I said I use it almost daily as a tool.
 
Jim Reid":pfjrq4o8 said:
Being the victim of a road rage incident because I was doing 45-50mph in a 55 zone the road was crooked and did not have any passing lanes the idiot behind me in his HUMMER thought I should drive faster or pull over and let him go after flashing his lights and blowing his horn we came to a stop sign where he pulled beside me and was telling me to get the hell off the road I slowly pulled my 9mm up and looked straight ahead that's the last I saw of him.

Jim

ya need a bumper sticker that sez '' I am not in a hurry and your not that important'' :lol:

I do carry ,,, ya just got to figure wen and were 8)

Mike
 
I pray all the time I never have to use my weapon in a defensive situation, but I'd rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it. I will defend myself and family if need be. Practice practice practice is very important, know your weapon well. Range time is a good time anyway.
 
Ron Luebke":1pkle6un said:
I pray all the time I never have to use my weapon in a defensive situation, but I'd rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it. I will defend myself and family if need be. Practice practice practice is very important, know your weapon well. Range time is a good time anyway.

Best attitude to have. I've only needed to defend myself once, and that confrontation ended without a round being fired. Looking down the bore of an 12ga Remington 870 was enough to make the intruder reconsider their plan of attack. I figure that statistically, I will never find myself in that kind of situation ever again in my life. But I would rather have the means to defend myself and not need it, than not have the means and rely solely on the compassion of a criminal. Either way, keep practicing, it is good mental exercise. If you have any local clubs that do IDPA competition, try it out. Even if you are no good at it, it is fun practice and teaches good pistol handling skills that most folks will never pick up just doing target practice.
 
I had to many instances in Md[just north of DC] when I lived there....that was one factor in me moving to Ohio.....Nothing like getting a gun or guns pulled on you late at night while out riding in the city...Most were just yahoo's ....but still no fun...the night I did pull was 4 guys in a Camaro...2 pulled on me and seemed serious...I pulled and shot between front and back seat...They shot thru the red light and were gone..never did hear another thing about it...That's when I decided to get out of Maryland...Just wasn't worth it anymore..I don't miss it...though I do miss my friends...I have not carried here in Ohio,,,25 years now..Lots of gangs from what I here now in Wheaton...Moving to Ohio was a great choice...I hate big citys......
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top