Christmas shopping in the rumble wagon

rjfcsa

Well-known member
Hello all,
I don't know many here personally, but want to tell you all to have a Very Merry Christmas. Sister Hannah and I went out today to finnish my shopping today. She decorated up my 56 IH S-132 truck, the rumble wagon, and we took that down to Champaign. Got lots of smiles, waves, and a couple of older guys followed us to wally world so they get some pictures by it. Well we had a fun day and planning on driving this truck you have to get in the mindset of going slower as it tops out at about 45. So in planning on not being in a rush made it more plesant day. Sun was shinning not all that cold, all in all a nice fun day. Hope you all find some nice days this Christmas season.
A fellow cubber,
Russel Foster
 

Attachments

  • IMG_6330.jpg
    IMG_6330.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 851
  • IMG_6337.jpg
    IMG_6337.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 851
  • IMG_6333.jpg
    IMG_6333.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 851
  • IMG_6332.jpg
    IMG_6332.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 851
  • IMG_6338.jpg
    IMG_6338.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 851
Thanks for sharing your day and pictures with us. I like your truck. Bet that did get many more smiles than you knew.

Wishing you a very Merry Christmas as well. :coffee:
 
Merry Christmas to you and your family. I like those old IH trucks, I once had a 1954 pickup it was slow but very powerfull , wish I had kept it .

Berlin
 
Hello All,
Thanks for all the nice comments. She's not perfect she looks nicer in the pictures than in person but she runs and drives.
Steve Butram":2avz6r2j said:
Is it a retired Fire Truck. I see it has a hand controlled spot lite on the a pillar

I don't believe so, though it does have the spotlight. The original color is some ugly green teal. it appears to have had somting mounted on the roof my guess was one of those rotating yellow lights? It might have been a municipal truck, don't really know the full history. Short story is I bought it out of Massachusetts, the owner before the guy I bought it off of moved it there from Florida. In the window it has a safety inspection sticker from 91 or 92 in Missouri. I would have much rather went to Missouri than Mass WAYYYYYYYY TO FAR did not like driving thru NY and them other eastern states to many people to crowded.

Again many thanks for the comments.
Regards,
Russel Foster
 
Back
Top