Cattle theft, about 10-12 miles from here !

There have been cow thefts on some of the beef farms about a half an hour south of me. Stealing the calf and when the momma follows taking her as well.
It's frickin' low.
 
nki0010l.jpg
 
ScottyD'sdad":3l5ccnr8 said:
Bob, I heard a rumor, that the cattle were taken by someone who was owed a lot of money, for silage, by the farmer. Ed

Yes, the article says the one who took the cows was owed money for feed, and silage is feed. This is not your typical cattle rustlin'.

Bill
 
:bellylaugh: I agree but aren't we supposed to use the judicial system, I mean in my life, I got stuck many times by untrustworthy people, but I never hooked onto my trailer and took their cattle or anything else. But I did take a few to court. Come to think of it, I got the judgments but rarely the money. Maybe I should have taken the cows !
 
Dale Shaw":2vqwl25d said:
I bet he gets the cows back when he pays for the feed.
Tonight's news said the cattle rustler is being charged with felony larceny. Guess he should have used the court system! Cows are staying at his place, for quarantine, since they were sent across state lines, without proper paperwork. (Rustler is in Connecticut) Ed
 
Happened a little while back to a friend of mine in Sidney about 30 min north of me. I know he didn't owe any one feed money. Has his cattle at several locations other than his home and went to feed and water on morning and noticed 8 head missing. Didn't even bother to call the law. How do you prove you had em and what's the chances of the law actually catching them?? Witht the price of feeders and cattle in general it's happening a lot more these days. All I can say is IF they make it past me than they can keep what they get!
 
About 30 years ago when beef took a big jump they had problems with cattle disappearing in this are. It is pretty rural, and most fields are not with in sight of houses, so getting away was not to hard. It pretty much came to an end one day when people noticed bullet holes in one of the local low lifes trucks.
 
Steve H":18hxabya said:
Happened a little while back to a friend of mine in Sidney about 30 min north of me. I know he didn't owe any one feed money. Has his cattle at several locations other than his home and went to feed and water on morning and noticed 8 head missing. Didn't even bother to call the law. How do you prove you had em and what's the chances of the law actually catching them?? Witht the price of feeders and cattle in general it's happening a lot more these days. All I can say is IF they make it past me than they can keep what they get!
Yep, never read about it in the Sidney Daily Snooze. Anybody wanna buy some beef? :shock: :roll:
 
Denny Clayton":2xapfl76 said:
Steve H":2xapfl76 said:
Happened a little while back to a friend of mine in Sidney about 30 min north of me. I know he didn't owe any one feed money. Has his cattle at several locations other than his home and went to feed and water on morning and noticed 8 head missing. Didn't even bother to call the law. How do you prove you had em and what's the chances of the law actually catching them?? Witht the price of feeders and cattle in general it's happening a lot more these days. All I can say is IF they make it past me than they can keep what they get!
Yep, never read about it in the Sidney Daily Snooze. Anybody wanna buy some beef? :shock: :roll:


:lol: :lol: :lol: . Good one Denny!! I'll let Mr. Moller know where you're at. :lol: . The place they were taken from is not to far from you there on Miami-Conservancy. Has another place there on Piqua-Lockington also. And a few more that I don't know name of.
 
John *.?-!.* cub owner":32hjg48z said:
About 30 years ago when beef took a big jump they had problems with cattle disappearing in this are. It is pretty rural, and most fields are not with in sight of houses, so getting away was not to hard. It pretty much came to an end one day when people noticed bullet holes in one of the local low lifes trucks.

Interesting how folks in this part of the country tend to handle problems like cattle disappearing, meth labs, etc. :wink: :wink:
 
John *.?-!.* cub owner":fklzsjzr said:
It pretty much came to an end one day when people noticed bullet holes in one of the local low lifes trucks.
You know Vince, some folks just understand it when presented in a different way. I'm sure the message got out quick enough. :D
 
The longest double murder investigation in our area started off with a cattle stealing. Worthless bums killed elderly cpl n buried bodies to coverup stealing a few cows , and cpl low dollar items outa house and the pickup truck. Was caught several years later when a vcr was pawned.
 
Back
Top