Blains Farm & Fleet

inairam

501 Club
I had to go to Wisconsin for work and kept driving by this Blains Farm & Fleet building. I decide to go in.

It is a cross between Tractor Supply, home depot, Northern tool and Cabelas - worth a stop.

They are in Illinois, Iowa, Wisconsin and Michigan and online https://www.farmandfleet.com
 
We've been shopping there for as long as I can remember. The motto around our neck of the woods is, "If Farm and Fleet don't got it, you don't need it." Used to be more agriculturally based sales, but lately seem more interested in selling cowboy boots than cultivator sweeps.
 
I grew up going to Blaine’s Farm and Fleet. I was up at my place in Wisconsin last week and was gonna buy a Fram oil filter for a Cub but they wanted $13.99. Not sure why it was that high with the Fram H filter being $5.99. They are a neat store and do have some items at good prices, but Menards almost always has a better price for items that both places carry. An almost identical store is Mill’s Fleet Farm. I think it must have been a family that started it then split it up.
 
I wonder if they franchise out? We could use one of those in Alabama and/or Tennessee. Tractor Supply Co. has the market here and they carry a few lubricants, some nuts/bolts, and clothes. This place puts them to shame!
 
I have been to both Mills Farm and Fleet and Blains Fleet Farm many times in Illinois, Iowa, and Wisconsin. Both are great stores and have way more stuff than Tractor Supply or Family Farm & Home.

EDIT: Hah! I just did a google maps search and see that a Blains will be opening about 32 miles from me in Jackson, MI this fall. Rejoice! Looks like Portage, MI and Traverse City, MI are getting them too.
 
Back
Top