birds

Birds have really been bad this year. Have cleaned dryer vent 3 times, they have been dumping all over the truck and car under the carport, and getting in shed, and not smart enough to leave. I finally took an old VCR tape apart and fastened some of the shiny pieces of tape above the vent so vent and/or wind make them flutter. That solved the dryer vent problem.

I had some streamers in carport, but birds were coming in anyway, so I used some silicone anti corona grease I had to put a light coat on top of mirrors and along top of door. The grease was clear, but looked bad where pollen stuck to it, and the birds smeared it all over mirrors and side windows, but they decided to leave the truck alone. Grease came off pretty easily when I hit it with the pressure washer using warm water.

The shed was more of a problem. The birds were up in the rafters and would not go down enough to go out the doors. I finally got out an old box of .22 cal bird shot and my 6 1/2 inch barrel revolver. The bird shot will not even penetrate the solar wrap insulation, much less damage the metals siding and roofing, nor damage much of anything if more than 10 feet away, but will eliminate a barn swallow at 25 feet. It might break a light bulb if it hit it, but I have been being careful of them
 
My wife's car has a moon roof. She parks under this choke cherry tree at work. She is to short to see up on the roof. But if she would have opened the moon roof. She would have had about a inch of bird poop.
 
Back
Top