BIG tires on an H

Hengy

501 Club
Hey there...

I came across This auction for an H whilst playing around on ebay and I noticed this picture:

cbbb_12.JPG


Anyone here think that those tires look just a TAD big for the tractor? Kind of makes it look like a C or something like that...

My question is "why?"

Tractor always runs downhill, I guess!

Mike in La Crosse, WI
 
It's hard to tell because of the camera angle but it may have the optional 100" axles. If that's so the big tires may be to avoid tearing up doorways and gate posts. Big Mike would be hard to drive through this door without the tire to look at. The total clearance is less than 1". :shock:

H_door_002.jpg
 
Imagine how fast that sucker would be in road gear....WOW!!!! I've seen pullers with 18's but those look even bigger and there not puller tires.
 
Kinda looks like one of those cartoons with the tractors with the huge tires in back. That angle makes it look like you're buying the tires with, oh by the way, a tractor attached!! :shock:

Red 56
 
what size should the h have , mine needs new ones bad , they are all worn with chunks missing and they are well over size too for what ever reason. :?
 
My H runs 11.2x38's. If you have the standard rims (10" I think) you can go one size higher 12.4's....if you want to run 13"'s then you need to go up a size in rims....

If its factory just stick with 11.2x38's...they run fine and there is no appreciable difference in ride or performance between an 11" or 12" tire.
 
George Willer":2do0b0fm said:
It's hard to tell because of the camera angle but it may have the optional 100" axles. If that's so the big tires may be to avoid tearing up doorways and gate posts.

Here are a couple of other angles of the same tractor on the ad from Ebay...are those the larger axels of which you speak?

Those tires STILL look huge to me!

e007_12.JPG


f74f_12.JPG
 
I've 13.6's on mine which IMO makes an H look real good. I did buy new rims and tires to match when I did it.
 
Back
Top