big storms

looks like we dodged a bullet. tornado warnings have been closed for some cells. one more cell still active headed this way. still 3 nado warnings in NE OK ans SW MO. hunker down if you are in these areas. might be along night.
 
spoke too soon, tornado warning was reinstated just now. "tornado observed on the ground" back to more active warnings on SW Mo, NW AR and NE OK

wax on...wax off.... wait, wax back ON! sirens going off in Ava MO ( my town) looks to track a few miles north of us, fingers crossed! I perk up when they say things like "confirmed tornado", "debri signature" etc.
 
I haven't check the weather this morning, so I don't know if any tornadoes touched down or not. It's been raining in my part of Missouri, south of St. Louis, for several hours and it's still raining a bit. I heard the Columbia area is supposed to get over 6 inches of rain - more flooding for sure.
 
Wind, 4 inches of rain last night. Water in basement. No going to the acreage for a day or two, water will be over the low water crossings.

Hopefully the stream water did not push the big rocks and cement blocks (about a ton each) onto the low water crossing. Last very large rain, the water flow pushed the rocks and cement blocks in front of the gate. I couldn't open the gate to get to the skid steer. Had to get a neighbor and his tractor to move rocks and blocks.
 
Think there was 5"+ reported in the KC metro last evening. Worked in the barn during evening for a couple hours. Rained so hard I couldn't hear myself think. Storms moved east about 9PM or so.

Indy4570":23mluzuv said:
ugh, now we are right in the path of a ornery cell

Hope you faired alright last night.
 
We been having a lot of rain and thunderstorms here in Missouri, so it's possible he lost power and they haven't had time to restore it yet due to the storms, rain, flooding and storm damage.
 
The wind hit early this morning. It was straight wind around 50mph from the feel of it. Blew through and the day wasn't too bad, looks to be building up again. Lots of lightening at the moment.
 
There was an EF1 tornado in his area a couple hours after his most recent post, probably from the cell ne mentioned. However, the only reports I have seen were for property damage, and surprisingly little of that considering it was on the ground for 18 minutes. It lifted before it got to his ZIP code. I expect that what T-Mo speculated is correct. He probably lost power and may have a long wait to get it back.
 
I am back! we got missed by remnants from a tornado but it came very close and took out several trees and washed out my road. it took me a week to convince centurylink that we had an outage here, a week later i spoke with the repairman this morning as we both looked at the line completely severed by a tree that went down. Even this morning they told my neighbor I was fixed, ( NOT SO!). Centurylink has no way to contact anybody local and I wasted many hours talking to a center located in the Philippines. GRRRR. All is well here and I am happy to be back online!!
 
Indy4570":wjdms4vt said:
I am back! we got missed by remnants from a tornado but it came very close and took out several trees and washed out my road. it took me a week to convince centurylink that we had an outage here, a week later i spoke with the repairman this morning as we both looked at the line completely severed by a tree that went down. Even this morning they told my neighbor I was fixed, ( NOT SO!). Centurylink has no way to contact anybody local and I wasted many hours talking to a center located in the Philippines. GRRRR. All is well here and I am happy to be back online!!

Glad you're ok! As you can see, we were pretty worried.
 
Back
Top