Back pain, lower.....

BigBill

501 Club
Since i'm on meds fpor pain in my legs my pain in my back wasn't noticed but my walking distance and standing was becomming less and less. All of a sudden it just snuck up on me. I need to see a doctor soon. Now i can only stand or walk for a very short distance like from the house to the car in the driveway. Has anyone had back pain like this before?
 
Bill, I had a gait analysis done at the VA and they said that I may benefit from inserts in my shoes to help with the lower back, hip pain. I have to go for my appointment yet. What we take for granted is a science to some.I know that I keep the fat wallet off the hip because it really can set things up for a bad day.
 
i messed up my back last april, the pain was bad but then i started having pain down one leg to the knee. it was the worst, i didn't sleep more than 2 hrs a nite for 2 weeks. i ended having physical therapy and it really helped. hope you feel better because i know what you are feeling.
 
I think body pain is the result of all the stupid things I did when I was young and a commination of growing old. I go to a chiropractor once a month to get pounded back together. Now days it takes all day to do what I used to do all day. I work around our small farm for a few hours before the pain starts. My back begins to hurt and I bend over like a person that has kissed too many short women. Next my knee starts to fail and I have fallen a few times. Then I stop and help the wife with dinner. That really hurts standing around the kitchen helping with the cooking. We finally set down to eat, (takes about an hr.) When I get up to do the dishes I discover that rigamortus (sp?) has sent in. I go to bed, then in the morning I do it all over again. That's life!
 
Jay M":b93izztg said:
...Now days it takes all day to do what I used to do all day...
I can understand that. It still take me all day to do that.

Jay M":b93izztg said:
I think body pain is the result of all the stupid things I did...I stop and help the wife with dinner. That really hurts standing around the kitchen helping with the cooking...When I get up to do the dishes I discover that rigamortus (sp?) has sent in...
I think I might have figured out the problem! :lol:
 
When i was building machines i would pick up the heavy parts to assemble the machine quicker so i could rest the rest of the shift. In the test lab i picked up a 321# lb sheeve and put on the elevator gear box. Besides logging for well over 30+ years. When i was a kid and rebuilding the chevy 396/427 engines i would pick up the empty block and put it on the work bench to assemble by myself.

I'm going to get steroid injections soon. The pan was down my legs for all these many years with me thinking it was my knees causing the problem. My knees hurt too but my lower back now is killing me, I dont fall asleep till the sun comes up. My tractors are stting there waiting for me to fix them. I just want the pain to stop and get my tractors running.

I carried the bags of groceries in the house tonight and now my back feels like jello and the pain is full on. Even with the pain meds the pain is still there. I may need to start drinking again.....
 
Bill,

I am fortunate, two steel pins and eight screws solved my back problem. In my case, doing stupid things didn't help any. Good luck.

Bill
 
Lift with your legs not your back!!!!!!. Lifting the amount of weight you said, I expect the lumbar disk are shot in your lower back, also if you are over weight that will add to the problem.
 
No knees, lower back pain are two of the things that really dog me day after day and have for almost 35 years now. Blew em out in the military ... wish the pain retired when I did :lol: . Up to 04 I was able to take NSAID's for the knees and back, but since the OHS and now the strokes, the only thing I can take is Tylenol -- whooppee ding :roll: that don't do squat :( .

For me it has been a long long road of learning to get over it and get on with it. No use parkin it cause then I would never get anything done and probably would be in a box in 6 months. So... it is something that my mind has been trained to ignore as best as possible. Don't always work.

What I used to be able to do in an hour takes me all day at least, what used to take me a day now can take a week or more. The upside is that at least I can still do some of it and that is a major plus. I have never really been overweight -- a little on the round side at times, but I find I feel the best at around 165-170. So far I have lost almost 10lbs and have about 15 more to go to get to the 170 goal.
 
Whew! Now I am not so scared, as all of the above is me and I am only 75, every day I'm gonna work on my tractors well some days I do a little and some days I do nothing, the back and legs hurt real bad at times and I too can only take tylnol which does nothing, but I think the secret is keep keepin on. :lol:
 
I have had back surgery, my grandfather had a bad back, a niece has had surgery and a nephew, cousin of niece not a brother, has had back surgery so it may not all be misuse of our backs but maybe some not so strong parts. Back pain is the worst and I have seperated a shoulder and had a knee replaced and they don't begin to compare. Good luck for a pain free future everybody. Vern
 
It comes and goes now after the first round of shots. (sterpoids) I just went to the PT people and she said i may need one more round of shots. (phyiscal therapy) sorry for the missed spelled.
 
I start physical therapy for the back this afternoon, 2x a week for thirty days then reassessment. Hopefully I can get back to the needle doc it helped the hip tremendously.
 
Depending on your problems, it may help or it may not. PT helped me some, and the injections helped a while,but I have reached the point that Percocet combined with sometimes using a TENS unit is about all that keeps me going. Sever arthritis, stenosis (narrowing of opening in spinal column the nerves pass through), and a slipped disk. Needless to say, i don't lift much, and no longer make the dumb moves I used to make such as picking up rear weights by hand and holding in place with one hand while installing mounting bolts. I am paying for doing things like that combined with being badly overweight for most of my life.
 
Back
Top