Armstrong Tires

Barnyard

Moderator
Staff member
Anybody know when they quit making them or their value? There is one NOS for sale down the road from me for $125 that I am interested in but we have no idea how old it is or it's true value. No sign of weather checking.

tire.jpg
 
Tire age unknown. Bit of searching the web, appears the Armstrong name on tires has been in use since before and after Armstrong sold the company to Pirelli in 1988.

Price wise, check with your local tire dealer and price an ag tire in the same size.
 
I read some of the stuff but I am wondering how long the Armstrong name was used after they were sold. This tire looks too good have been made prior to 1996. From what I see, this tire may be worth in the $100 to $125 range.
 
Thanks Don, that will give me a good idea how old it is. Of course visual inspection of its condition will play the big part in whether I take it.
 
N.O.S. AG tires or any tire used for low speed applications pose little danger and as long as they weren't stored in direct sunlight and will probably provide a full life expectancy if not cut or torn.

What you must avoid is purchasing out dated tires used for high speed applications, such as automobile, truck & bus, motorcycle etc. These tires can cause fatal accidents when they disintegrate from age at high speeds.

It is very wise to be aware of tire manufacture dates for any tire to be used over the road at highway speeds. Your life can depend on it.
 
Wasn't worried about danger on the Cub, more interested in trying to figure the build date. It won't see any high speed action unless I mount it on Harley. I ended up getting it for a lot less than I expected. There was no date code on it that we could find.

Thanks everyone for the help.
 
I purchased a lot of new tires over the past ten or so years, imported and made here in the usa. To me the tires that are made here show no signs of wear at all yet. I can see the wear on the imported tires already.

Armstrong makes awesome tires. On my loggin 1 ton truck i only used armstrong MET's. On my 4x4 pick up i used the armstrong tru tracks 11;00 - 15's. I had many miles on them before they needed replacing.
 
Back
Top