Another customer service complaint-UPDATE

Bob McCarty

Moderator
Staff member
Last week I bought a tire changer at an auction. There was a label on the machine, so I went to their website to see if a manual was available as there were some parts that I didn't know the use for. My email to sales was: "Could you tell me if a manual is available and the price? I couldn't tell from your website if you are a dealer or the manufacturer." The reply was: "We are an equipment dealer, if that matters, then go somewhere else, what a stupid question. Parts are available.....etc." :shock: I think I'll see if I can get a name for the owner and see if he cares.

Bob
 
I would definitely find the owner's name. Of course, you may have already talked to the owner! :lol:
 
I got worked up reading your post , Bob , and I am not even involved. :D

I would make sure the owner was aware of this. Being treated like that would make me a non customer for sure.
 
redfin":fbxn0ql9 said:
I got worked up reading your post , Bob , and I am not even involved. :D

I would make sure the owner was aware of this. Being treated like that would make me a non customer for sure.
Ditto. I would spend a bit of time on this one. Have done so when I thought the service or product was much less then expected.
 
I have requested manuals online for items I have purchased as you did. Of course I have never been treated like that,
blowup.gif
(kinda makes you understand why there are so many shootings out there).

When I request manuals, I try to push the "safe operation" aspect of the item. I try to word it (nicely) in a way that makes it sound like neither they nor I want me to get hurt using their product.
beehive.gif


I've never had to pay for a manual yet, they have always given me a down-loadable version in the return e-mail.
bliss.gif
 
Bob McCarty":25csrugg said:
Last week I bought a tire changer at an auction. There was a label on the machine, so I went to their website to see if a manual was available as there were some parts that I didn't know the use for. My email to sales was: "Could you tell me if a manual is available and the price? I couldn't tell from your website if you are a dealer or the manufacturer." The reply was: "We are an equipment dealer, if that matters, then go somewhere else, what a stupid question. Parts are available.....etc." :shock: I think I'll see if I can get a name for the owner and see if he cares.

Bob
WOW!!! Are they close to being local? We can pay them a visit tomorrow! :evil:
 
RaymondDurban":qzzxeh5s said:
Bob McCarty":qzzxeh5s said:
Last week I bought a tire changer at an auction. There was a label on the machine, so I went to their website to see if a manual was available as there were some parts that I didn't know the use for. My email to sales was: "Could you tell me if a manual is available and the price? I couldn't tell from your website if you are a dealer or the manufacturer." The reply was: "We are an equipment dealer, if that matters, then go somewhere else, what a stupid question. Parts are available.....etc." :shock: I think I'll see if I can get a name for the owner and see if he cares.

Bob
WOW!!! Are they close to being local? We can pay them a visit tomorrow! :evil:


:D
 
I looked up the owner's name for this company-Wikco.com Inc. in Casa Grande, Arizona. Just got off the phone with the owner's son who said he was the one who sent the reply. I asked him how he expected to get my business when he sent emails like that. He said he didn't care, and didn't want phone calls like mine. When I said I wouldn't be ordering anything from them, he said "scr-w you" and hung up. They may carry good products, but they won't be seeing any of my green.

Bob
 
I thought to myself ( owners son ) as soon as I started reading the posting... :roll:
i've seen the second generaton take over a couple places I've worked and watch dad and mom sit back as the kid drives it in the ground.
We had a round of that a few years ago at my current work place, took about 5 months to finally get rid of him before he came close to sinking us... :roll: :oops:
Some of the stupidest stuff you could ever imagine, like having the second telephone line shut off because the phones were ringing to much. :roll:

I'd still call back from a few other telephone lines in hopes of reaching DAD, then I'd forward the email to him and see what he thinks....
 
After I got out of High School I worked for a small family trucking Company. Mel was the owner he always said that it was always the Grandson that sank the family business. He was right his Son kept it running and the Grandson let it all get away.

It may be the Grandson that you have been dealing with Bob.
 
Winfield Dave sent me the link to the BBB. Even though they are not members, they will receive a copy of the review I wrote. I'm not going to pursue this any further (no point sinking to their level) unless they contact me.

Bob
 
Bob McCarty":1rsu3219 said:
I'm not going to pursue this any further (no point sinking to their level) unless they contact me.

Bob

Probably the best course of action; log it with BBB then walk away. Two factors against them are their current business philosophy and time...

Sorry to hear of our bad experience, Bob, but there's more than one tire changer company out there dying to do business with you. :)
 
Back
Top