Amazon free shipping

Why are Amazon shipments getting slow to leave warehouse

  • 1 they are just that busy

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • 2 they have so many Prime customers it is delaying standard free shipments

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • 3 they are trying to push people to pay for Prime

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • 4 other

    Votes: 4 44.4%

  • Total voters
    9
  • Poll closed .
I do not have Amazon Prime, so just let orders accumulate till I have enough for free shipping. I have been noticing over the last year the time it takes the order to be shipped is getting longer and longer. I am not referring to the time it takes items to travel, but the amount of time item is marked not shipped or preparing to ship. I have one order now that has been waiting for 8 day, still not shipped. Personally I think they are trying to push people in to paying for Amazon Prime. What are your opinions?
 
Unfortunately, I had an opportunity to learn more about this than I wanted to know.
Paying customers (next day delivery) get the first shipping priority.
Prime members get the first available stock for shipments of product.
Non-Prime members get orders filled from stock last (or the item gets backordered)

What that means is they may have x items in stock. The first items get pulled from stock are for Prime members, then the next day delivery. What is left goes to the "Free Shipping" orders. Just because an item is shown "in stock" when you place your order does not mean that it will be pulled or fulfilled first.
Note: Might be worthwhile to save your free prime membership trials for the end of November and December.
 
I have no first hand experience with this, but I’ve heard that you can combine several family members under one Prime account. Doesn’t have to be the same address. One way to share the annual fee.
 
Don McCombs":21tp0wqq said:
I have no first hand experience with this, but I’ve heard that you can combine several family members under one Prime account. Doesn’t have to be the same address. One way to share the annual fee.
Website says 2 family members in the same household.
 
even with the prime account it takes a little longer up here.
we dont have much choice of places to shop so this helps

example; USPS overnight = 2-3 days :roll:

as for regular shipping with amazon :lost:

Mike
 
Back
Top