Abandoned cars, trucks and tractors

50 - 80 years ago the folks who purchased nonrunning vehicles/machines and stored them now have have quite a bit of money in parts on hand.

Previous home town, in the 1920 and 30's a guy started picking up/purchasing nonrunning items and storing them. He had a 1 acre stable, two levels, that is/was filled with old vehicles and auto parts. Also a farm with 20 or 30 acres of vehicles.

Last time I talks with the guy's grandson, the grandson was getting a 1939 plymouth pickup ready to advertise in Hemmings.
 
Cool link 8) the pics remind me of junk yards I used to visit for parts back in the 70's and 80's lots of cool old cars :D , today's junk yards are full of junk :(
 
1970's, General Motors Training Center. We were talking about some of the crappy cars on the market. Instructor said that some day they would be worth moeny. They are kids first cars.

I use to buy and drive the old 1949 and later flat head Fords. $100, drive them for several years until the motor went, buy another one for $100-.
 
Have a friend of over 40 years his family has a family farm since 1740's anyway his dad and his grandfathers for many generations back parked everything they ever owned but no longer use in the back field its the coolest junk ever one 50's car has a steel hood with factory plexi glass for a picture view of the engine thats way cool imop and probably worth big dollars,,,,,,,,,sad but it will just rot away like everything else....
 
Even rusty in the fields they have a style that vehicles of today don't. When I look at older cars I see faces on the front of every vehicle. They have a beauty all there own. I don't see any beauty or faces in vehicles today.
 
Back
Top