A reading catagory

ArtN

Well-known member
Hey Big dog or Dennis: You know as we grow older the possibility of Art Timers gets more and more possible. It is very important to keep the mind active. . But in any event it would be a nice new category “suggested reads”. We don't need to do a pro or con of the viewpoint of the book, but it would be interesting to see what others or age and background are reading. I hear that contrary to what folks say that folks above the Mason Dixon don’t read often. At least that is what Mike from Lou tells me. I am trying to reach out to you brothers and sisters. I find myself reading more and more since I retired. What do you think?
 
Second hand book store when we visit the big city. I always look and ask for books dealing with old farm machinery, farm practices, mechanical history, etc..

Other than books, receive 2 or 3 paper news papers a week and have 20 plus news sites book marked on the computer.
 
Well looks like you are a well read fellow Engene. Since you like the Mechanical point’s here is one you will like. The beginning of it all in America. Tame the rivers, tame the land, etc., Very good reading as I have always been interested in how ideas were born. Especially the guys that figured out mechnical things. I have to build this thing that has a cam shaft that feeds a piston, that get's to the top and then has a spark to egnite a gas that allows a value to open, that....etc..,

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00BAT ... UTF8&psc=1
 
ArtN":1zcnz9ka said:
Hey Big dog or Dennis: You know as we grow older the possibility of Art Timers gets more and more possible. It is very important to keep the mind active. . But in any event it would be a nice new category “suggested reads”. We don't need to do a pro or con of the viewpoint of the book, but it would be interesting to see what others or age and background are reading. I hear that contrary to what folks say that folks above the Mason Dixon don’t read often. At least that is what Mike from Lou tells me. I am trying to reach out to you brothers and sisters. I find myself reading more and more since I retired. What do you think?


Art you have me mixed up with someone else. I never said that and i can't ever remember talking to you.

Mike in Louisiana
 
Back
Top