2018 deer season

Our freezer is empty, got some meat this morning. Think this was the farthest I’ve ever shot one, 160 yards with a 6.5 creedmore
 

Attachments

  • 046FB9A8-6097-4571-8ABA-F806556FD46C.jpeg
    046FB9A8-6097-4571-8ABA-F806556FD46C.jpeg
    289.9 KB · Views: 2,710
Congrats, Shane!

Missouri deer firearms season opened up today. Was 11 degrees F overnight, but clear (record low).
 
Thanks Stanton, rifle season opened here today as well. It was 34f this morning. I have one buck tag left so the next one will have to be large for me to pinch on it.
 
I went Sunday and hung a stand in a tree, first time I’ve done that in 7-8 years. We been hunting on the ground. I moved to a different location on the farm trying to locate the big man. I put corn out and a camera on it and look what came through yesterday morning. The deer aren’t using the food plot right now, turnips are right but the deer aren’t in there like I thought they would be.
 

Attachments

  • C1B6068D-C4BC-4F90-A503-774D18C2C6D0.jpeg
    C1B6068D-C4BC-4F90-A503-774D18C2C6D0.jpeg
    233.7 KB · Views: 2,654
  • 85E7C174-3157-464E-BA78-504934433735.jpeg
    85E7C174-3157-464E-BA78-504934433735.jpeg
    232.2 KB · Views: 2,654
  • B93CAC9C-7607-4D24-8DA8-837A1BFC68A8.jpeg
    B93CAC9C-7607-4D24-8DA8-837A1BFC68A8.jpeg
    104 KB · Views: 2,654
  • 8C6F1922-79F6-4A43-A172-4A62888B4EBA.jpeg
    8C6F1922-79F6-4A43-A172-4A62888B4EBA.jpeg
    104.1 KB · Views: 2,654
Hunted the tree stand this morning and shot this 10 pt. His brow tines are split and go towards the back of his head. My first ever 10, I need a 12 now and I’ll have a complete set from 0-13.

I'm out of buck tags, hopefully my wife can get the big boy.
 

Attachments

  • CFFB1E62-9346-44E3-BE7D-964DFEB23CE2.jpeg
    CFFB1E62-9346-44E3-BE7D-964DFEB23CE2.jpeg
    67.5 KB · Views: 2,616
  • 1175A992-088F-464A-A0AC-7D0896585293.jpeg
    1175A992-088F-464A-A0AC-7D0896585293.jpeg
    82 KB · Views: 2,616
  • 7C6E7C17-0896-4BA4-978A-F93849147EB3.jpeg
    7C6E7C17-0896-4BA4-978A-F93849147EB3.jpeg
    251.8 KB · Views: 2,616
  • C9043F14-AD4F-4A9A-A20A-3820BBD57942.jpeg
    C9043F14-AD4F-4A9A-A20A-3820BBD57942.jpeg
    216.1 KB · Views: 2,605
Don McCombs":2uvwbqwa said:
Nice deer. Show us some better photos of that crane.
That crane works great, especially when you have 3 bulging disc in your neck. It rotates 360 degrees and folds out of the way. Made it a few years ago, mounted a hitch on the truck to the left so I can open tailgate and also pull the golf cart if I need to.
 

Attachments

  • 3CADB638-E1D3-44AD-A09A-957596969389.jpeg
    3CADB638-E1D3-44AD-A09A-957596969389.jpeg
    272.2 KB · Views: 2,594
  • IMG_0319.JPG
    IMG_0319.JPG
    112 KB · Views: 2,589
  • IMG_0318.JPG
    IMG_0318.JPG
    127.7 KB · Views: 2,589
if Shane can build it, it will be done ;)
congrats Shane, this is the first year I have yet to even go out. Not walking to well atm.
 
deer population is healthy here . corn feeders/bait legal . 6 deer a year per hunter . take your time and get the best . coppersmythe.....................ps: hoping to get out in the woods after thanksgiving , high today was 74 degrees . shorts and t-shirt . its usually christmas before it gets right down here . my buddies were slapping mosquitoes this weekend .........................................
 
Took a good friend from church this morning in the rain and he got his first buck. 7 pt. He’s never hunted in the rain and I sat in the blind with him and got it on video. Good times.
 

Attachments

  • 7CBA6E50-BB76-471C-9488-3CA22D3B7CE9.jpeg
    7CBA6E50-BB76-471C-9488-3CA22D3B7CE9.jpeg
    263.6 KB · Views: 2,484
My wife got an 8 point this afternoon.
 

Attachments

  • E6C48BDE-F281-4750-B6DE-68ABAA5FD756.jpeg
    E6C48BDE-F281-4750-B6DE-68ABAA5FD756.jpeg
    134.5 KB · Views: 2,413
Went and checked cameras yesterday and have a picture of a squirrel running by and a dove landing or taking off, not sure which.
 

Attachments

  • D98D5D8E-03A1-4C70-9F8A-19267E3EC9D5.jpeg
    D98D5D8E-03A1-4C70-9F8A-19267E3EC9D5.jpeg
    200.8 KB · Views: 2,326
  • 56235E4D-0019-42E1-BD07-6D3EF7DBF4FC.jpeg
    56235E4D-0019-42E1-BD07-6D3EF7DBF4FC.jpeg
    253.7 KB · Views: 2,326
Old man winter got both ground blinds. Ones not to bad the other is totaled.
 

Attachments

  • AE13E3DB-E51E-4494-A4BD-E90216C1F804.jpeg
    AE13E3DB-E51E-4494-A4BD-E90216C1F804.jpeg
    136.1 KB · Views: 2,306
  • 2A3678C1-FFB2-48DC-8140-C1CE65E55596.jpeg
    2A3678C1-FFB2-48DC-8140-C1CE65E55596.jpeg
    95.9 KB · Views: 2,306
Cole and I went and put corn out yesterday and he wanted to take his toy rifle. I told him I better never see a real gun like that, lol.
 

Attachments

  • 8C2691DE-D233-43BF-A818-31E4DAE643BC.jpeg
    8C2691DE-D233-43BF-A818-31E4DAE643BC.jpeg
    116.8 KB · Views: 2,305
Got the snow fall on camera(s).
 

Attachments

  • A8313994-296D-42A1-AC5E-17C8FEF4833D.jpeg
    A8313994-296D-42A1-AC5E-17C8FEF4833D.jpeg
    95.3 KB · Views: 2,305
  • 667A7864-0276-40B8-9EC0-E7F70BE9F6B4.jpeg
    667A7864-0276-40B8-9EC0-E7F70BE9F6B4.jpeg
    108.6 KB · Views: 2,305
  • C08B45BD-97FA-49F2-B0B6-ABCEA42ADBFD.jpeg
    C08B45BD-97FA-49F2-B0B6-ABCEA42ADBFD.jpeg
    157 KB · Views: 2,305
  • 1D2A0E2B-CA96-4E28-A58C-ED84C733C0CC.jpeg
    1D2A0E2B-CA96-4E28-A58C-ED84C733C0CC.jpeg
    153 KB · Views: 2,305
  • 60C3B9B1-E324-4FFB-AA78-1750EE86C222.jpeg
    60C3B9B1-E324-4FFB-AA78-1750EE86C222.jpeg
    117.2 KB · Views: 2,305
More snowage.
 

Attachments

  • DDB3599B-AACE-48B7-83A0-6233E47BE80D.jpeg
    DDB3599B-AACE-48B7-83A0-6233E47BE80D.jpeg
    105.9 KB · Views: 2,304
  • 148F81F7-F6DE-42C5-B586-4BEAFEE1ED85.jpeg
    148F81F7-F6DE-42C5-B586-4BEAFEE1ED85.jpeg
    101.8 KB · Views: 2,304
  • 35958CC8-C5B4-4895-A3D5-5A06E88C1ABC.jpeg
    35958CC8-C5B4-4895-A3D5-5A06E88C1ABC.jpeg
    120.6 KB · Views: 2,304
  • 7CD3206E-C9A5-4A4B-9C0A-13DB3DD96DF4.jpeg
    7CD3206E-C9A5-4A4B-9C0A-13DB3DD96DF4.jpeg
    109.8 KB · Views: 2,304
  • 46F65523-859E-4834-86F2-3A9817B3B498.jpeg
    46F65523-859E-4834-86F2-3A9817B3B498.jpeg
    110.4 KB · Views: 2,304
  • 2701505C-0FC8-4A31-8CAD-EE4F2517A507.jpeg
    2701505C-0FC8-4A31-8CAD-EE4F2517A507.jpeg
    99.8 KB · Views: 2,304
Back
Top