2018 Big 10 Chevrolet

$57K. More than I want to pay or am willing to pay for a vehicle.

My 1995 Dodge Ram 1500 has 140K miles on it. If needed I will put in a factory rebuilt engine.

Few months back I spent $6200- to have a factory rebuilt engine installed in my 2003 Ford Expedition. Engine has a 3 year, 100K mile warranty. Why spend $6200 on a vehicle that is worth $4000- per Kelly blue book? Less expensive in the long run. The base price for a new Ford Expedition is over $40K and then ranges up to $70K.
 
I’m with you Eugene, our 2003 duramax needs a transmission rebuild. I called about it the other day, $4,800. I put 2,500 miles on it last year, I’ll milk it as long as I can. I told the wife I’d rather put $4,800 more in this one than buy someone else’s problem. No way I’d buy a new one, can’t afford it for one thing. Taxes are another and lastly too many emissions. I daily drive a 1993 GMC Sonoma with 141,xxx miles, we have about $1,000 in.
 
Can you imagine the frenzy that would occur if GM put sheetmetal on a Silverado to make it look like a 1970's C/K pickup complete with round headlights and chrome bumpers? They'd be able to sell them at any price they want.
 
Two days ago I paid just under $3000- for a new transfer case and wheel bearings on wife's Pontiac Torrent. Sounds expensive. Wife only drives the Torrent about 3K miles per year and it was much cheaper than purchasing another vehicle.

One thing I forgot, local sales tax is 5% on a new or used vehicle, depends on you address. Shock, bigger shock, when you go to the fee office (where you get licenses in Missouri) and find out that you owe another $1000- on a vehicle you purchased for $20K plus the title, registration, and license plates.

Found this out the expensive way. Could have saved $500- plus by having my son, who live 6 miles distance, to initially put the first vehicle I purchased in Missouri, in his name and use his address.
 
Definitely a good looking retro truck...but won't be seeing one in my driveway anytime soon.
2002 Astro AWD with 252,000 miles (the family truckster - old faithful, but showing the age)
2006 Silverado 1500 4x4 with 198,000 miles - needs rockers replaced and frame cleaned up. Going to spend $3-5k on it this year to keep it another 100k.
2012 Malibu LT with 116,000 miles (my daily driver)

Winters with the road chemicals used in CT, MA, and NY are brutal on steel.

Peter
 
A local dealer has one of those on his lot. I can see it from the interstate, but never stopped to look at it. I wonder if it was just a "one-off" and didn't realize it was a "limited" edition. I do like the two tone paint jobs on these, but I can't afford a stripped down new truck, much less a limited edition one.
 
I think this truck looks super cool!! I'm amazed what they were able to do (retro wise) with a little paint & some stripes. I can't afford it but I'm not the target market for it. Someone will go for it!
 
Back
Top