2018-2019 winter propane prices

Eugene

501 Club
The current residentual propane price in Missouri is $1.829 per gallon.

Crude oil price is rising, so I expect the propane price to be higher when the contracts come out, shortly.

Will be checking the propane amount in the tank and figuring out how much propane I need to contract for. Normally contract for 600 gallons which usually takes me up to summer fill time. Thinking I should contract for 700 gallons, incase we have a colder than normal winter.
 
Is this price for a leased tank or your own tank. We prepaid 600 gallons @ 129.9. We bought our tank last year, with the price spread saving, we will recoup our investment in 4 years.Only extra fee is state sales tax.
Bill
 
Bill":wqqwcpdj said:
Is this price for a leased tank or your own tank.
We own the tank. It was part of the property when we purchased the house. The original bill of sale for the tank was included in the paperwork at the sale.

Local propane dealers charge 2 cents per gallon extra for a tank owned by the propane company.

Actually I'm waiting on the propane dealers summer fill program. Will get the tank filled, then contract for this coming winter.

There are 3 local propane companies. The company I deal with has someone manning the office full time during office hours. The other 2 companies, no one mans the office, no service.
 
Not sure of price break , but it is substantial that is why we purchased our tank
Bill
 
We are blessed to have a 4” yellow line buried in our front yard and have a gas water heater to go with our gas heat. We got on the equal payment plan and pay $89 each month all year. We were paying $19 a month in July and around $400 in the cold months depending on how cold it is. Easier on the equal payment plan so we know what it’s gonna be, got on equal payment plan for electricity as well. I been working on insulating our 1950’s built house, I have 2 of 4 rooms done.
 
Today, flyer in the mail from our usual propane supplier. $1.449 per gallon contract price, plus sales tax.

Will purchase/contract for 700 gallons, tomorrow. That's 100 gallons more than I usually contract for. Thinking we are due for a really nasty cold winter.

Edit: Summer fill price for today, 11 Jul 18, is $1.399 per gallon plus tax.
 
Back
Top