This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Hydraulic Remote Control Tractor Attachment Farmall Super A Super AV International Super A Tractors

Farmall Super A, AV, 100, 130, & 140 1939 - 1973
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Lt.Mike
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 07727
Tractors Owned: 1 -'58 International Cub Lo-Boy
2 - '46 International A's
2 - '52 Farmall Cubs
1 - '53 Farmall Super A
1 - ‘41 Ford 9N with a ‘49 8N Engine
1 - ‘48 (5641) Allis Chalmers G

Hydraulic Remote Control Tractor Attachment Farmall Super A Super AV International Super A Tractors

Postby Lt.Mike » Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:57 pm

My Super A came with one of these valves minus the control lever and rod. I was able to locate those parts and had to pay up for them.
In my search I found that the actual valve and manifold tube is the same as used as used on the Super C tractors and you are more likely to find one for them but their still not easy to find. The control lever and rod for the Super C is very different than that used with the Super A. I only found two maybe three other Super A's thru forums and googling with this option that had the proper lever. This part is somewhat of a "unicorn". ;)
The special bolts and rubber boot for this valve are available thru the aftermarket and the cost reflects the rarity of the part.
(a 1" rubber boot should not cost $40 :roll: )
Needless to say in my hands this won't be used for a trailing plow but it will be used to power angle a snowplow (graderblade).
That will make that chore easier sparing me from having to climb on and off the tractor to change the blades angle and give my knees a break. :worthy:

Here is the Operators Manual for this option.
(Sorry I'm not trying to make work for anyone but I don't know how to convert this to a pdf file with what I have. I'm googling it but not sure if I have the program to do it. My computer's don't have "Word" or the like. Scanning this, down loading it to Flickr then finding the link line that works for this forum can be involved with flickr. Maybe if I had the program to convert to a pdf it'd be easier.)

Quote by Gary Pickeral I like
"If it can cast a shadow, it can be restored"

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Hydraulic Remote Control Tractor Attachment Farmall Super A Super AV International Super A Tractors

Postby Jim Becker » Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:31 pm

Lt.Mike wrote:. . . I don't know how to convert this to a pdf file with what I have. . . .

I don't know what you have. But if you have Windows 10, you can use "file explorer" and print, specifying "print to PDF" for the printer. Everything done in 1 print request ends up in one PDF.

Lt.Mike
10+ Years
10+ Years
2 - '52 Farmall Cubs
1 - '53 Farmall Super A

Re: Hydraulic Remote Control Tractor Attachment Farmall Super A Super AV International Super A Tractors

Postby Lt.Mike » Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:35 pm

Jim Becker wrote:
Lt.Mike wrote:. . . I don't know how to convert this to a pdf file with what I have. . . .

I don't know what you have. But if you have Windows 10, you can use "file explorer" and print, specifying "print to PDF" for the printer. Everything done in 1 print request ends up in one PDF.

Windows 7 :oops:

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub

Postby Jim Becker » Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:29 pm

Been quite a while since I changed over. But I don't think Windows 7 has that capability.

MiCarl
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 48154
Tractors Owned: 2021 RK25 "Barbie"
1944 Farmall H
1948 Farmall Cub (SOLD)
1994 Speedex 1631

Postby MiCarl » Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:52 pm

Lt.Mike wrote:
Jim Becker wrote:

Windows 7 :oops:

DoPDF is a print driver that creates .pdf files from your print window. I've used it for years. At free it's worth many times the price. You can download HERE.
1944 Farmall H
1948 Farmall Cub
1994 Speedex 1631

Lt.Mike
10+ Years
10+ Years
2 - '52 Farmall Cubs
1 - '53 Farmall Super A

Postby Lt.Mike » Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:39 pm

Generally ain’t nothing free. Last time I downloaded a free program it was A Trojan horse accompanied by Malware and a virus that crashed my computer.
Maybe the next computer I’ll pay for MS word.
I didn’t with this one because my work computer had it.

Gary Dotson
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43358
Tractors Owned: 48 Cub Diesel (Cubota)
53 Cockshutt 20 restored (Shooter)
52 Cockshutt 20 unrestored
47 Leader "B" (Herckie)
49 Leader "D" (Princess)
49 Leader "D" very rough
48 Leader "D" unrestored
Kubota B6200E
Kubota B6200HST
Kubota B8200HST-D

Postby Gary Dotson » Sat Jan 16, 2021 8:33 am

Mike, download Apache Open Office. It's a free program that gives you M S Office compatability. I certainly don't do enough office type functions to justify an expensive program, Open Office wortks for me. I can do simple spread sheets (I could do complex ones if I knew how) and word documents. Check it out, you might like it.

Lt.Mike
10+ Years
10+ Years
2 - '52 Farmall Cubs
1 - '53 Farmall Super A

Postby Lt.Mike » Sat Jan 16, 2021 11:30 am

Again I’m leery if “free” programs. Outside of this group nobody’s that nice to just give away a free anything, there’s strings attached. Fishing software for one and I do my bills on my computer. I’m more likely to spend the money on Word than start trusting people I don’t know that say I should trust them. ;)
26 years of working with criminals has not given me a great trust of human nature.

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub

Postby Jim Becker » Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:52 pm

Apache Open Office is a "dead" package. The last release was 10 years ago. A successor package is LibreOffice. As an alternative to Open Office, I would suggest LibreOffice (investigate first). That said, I have not actually used LibreOffice. For the little bit I need such things, I use Open Office. It works fine for me.

On the general subject of free programs, many companies have freeware versions of their products that they essentially view as demonstrator products. They let users have the free versions in hopes that the users will want to upgrade to a paid product. The free versions may have limited capabilities, may have limited number of uses before you have to pay for it, or have some built in advertising. No experience with it, but I understand that DoPDF has limited capabilities compared to their paid product and has some unobtrusive built-in advertisements for the paid product. Microsoft uses the limited number of uses for Word. Open Office and LibreOffice are shareware.

Of course, you have to be careful to get ANY downloaded software (free or not) from a reputable source. Never download anything from a random pop-up window on a web page. Reviews on CNET are often helpful for determining if something is legit.

Gary Dotson
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
47 Leader "B" (Herckie)
49 Leader "D" (Princess)
49 Leader "D" very rough
48 Leader "D" unrestored
Kubota B6200E
Kubota B6200HST
Kubota B8200HST-D

Postby Gary Dotson » Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:09 am

Thanks for that info, Jim. I installed Open Office on my new lap top, just a couple months ago, I didn't realize I was installing obsolete software. I guess it doesn't matter too much, it does everything (and much more) that I need.

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub

Postby Jim Becker » Sun Jan 17, 2021 1:51 pm

I have been using OpenOffice for over 7 years. I found out long after the fact that it had been obsolete for several years before I started using it. Like you, I have found it more than adequate for my needs and haven't worried about replacing it. I suppose eventually people are going to start sending files in formats I can't read. Then I'll do something about it.

Gary Dotson
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
47 Leader "B" (Herckie)
49 Leader "D" (Princess)
49 Leader "D" very rough
48 Leader "D" unrestored
Kubota B6200E
Kubota B6200HST
Kubota B8200HST-D

Postby Gary Dotson » Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:06 am

Out of curiosity, I googled LibreOffice but didn't look very deep. Looks easy enough to download but I'll just keep it in the back of my mind in case I ever need it. I started using Open Office about 8 years ago, when I was treasurer of our family reunion. I used spread sheets to track funds, since the money was in my personal account. I don't do that anymore, just make the occasional spread sheet for shop customer projects. Once in a while, I use it to access Word files.

Return to “Farmall A, Super A, AV, 100, 130 & 140”