This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Ace hardware tractor paint question

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
plumr
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 43112
Tractors Owned: 1948 Cub with 42C woods mower, 1953 Cub with fast hitch, cultivators,plow, and 30 gallon sprayer. Howard GEM rotovator 24" cut, Howard Gem dual wheel 30" cut, JD LA with PTO and cultivators, JD 40, JD 2240 with loader, JD 332 Diesel

Ace hardware tractor paint question

Postby plumr » Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:58 am

I have used Ace hardware paint for a while now brushing it on many cub implements and tractor parts. It has good color and works well. On the can it says do not thin. I wanted to use it on my Cub hood but don't want to brush it. On another forum they said they could not spray Ace paint as it was poor to medium quality. Has anyone here sprayed this paint? Used what thinner or hardener? One person said he sprayed it but was still wet days later?

Does anyone have any experience with this product? Thanks

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

tst
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 12514
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Ace hardware tractor paint question

Postby tst » Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:48 am

their oil is oil based, I spray the paint, it does need to be thinned and filtered to go through the gun

Old Coastie
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 87508

Re: Ace hardware tractor paint question

Postby Old Coastie » Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:02 pm

I use tractor supply for my various tractor paints

Return to “Farmall Cub”