This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

You never know when it's your turn

Have a safety tip you want to share? Did you or a friend learn it the hard way? Help someone else by posting your tips on tractor, farm, shop, lawn, garden, kitchen, etc., safety.
Forum rules
Safety is an important and often overlooked topic. Make safety a part of your everyday life and let others know how much you care by making their lives safer too. Let the next generation of tractor enthusiasts benefit from your experience, and maybe save a life or appendages.
Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 45030
Tractors Owned: At This Time
40 Farmall Cubs (Round Hood)
2 Farmall Cub (Square Hood)
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100
Circle of Safety: Y

You never know when it's your turn

Postby Barnyard » Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:38 pm

Found this on a Cub Facebook page. Owner said the ground that he had been mowing for 15 years gave way. He said he was okay. Always check your surroundings.
rollover1.jpg
rollover2.jpg
There are two ways to get enough Cubs. One is to continue to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less.

Circle of Safety

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Re: You never know when it's your turn

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:03 pm

Just looking at that gives me goose bumps.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Dale Finch
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 27517
Tractors Owned: '51 Cub #140966 "Bruno" with Woods 59 mower
'55 Cub #187541 "Betty" with Fast Hitch
'55 Cub #190482 "Ben" with Woods 42 mower
'55 Cub #191739 "Bertha" with Woods 42 mower
'56 Cub #194370 "Boris" with Mott Flail mower

Postby Dale Finch » Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:35 pm

My 20 acres is along the Haw River, and this past winter we had some really heavy rains, causing the river to overflow the banks several times. The end results are huge chunks of bank sloughing off, and areas that are about to go. I used to mow the banks, which are about 15-20' above river level, with the cub, and never worried. Now I don't go closer than about 20' of the edge. So sad to loose so much bank, and I really don't want to loose the old walnut grove we have. It's so nicely wooded...like a park. Oh well, that's Mother Nature.

This is a good reminder of what could happen...thank you VERY much for posting.
Dale Finch
Circle of Safety

Stanton
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 64070
Tractors Owned: 1942 Farmall AV, serial #87025
1947 Farmall Circle Cub, serial #2116
1948 Farmall Cub, serial #46066

Postby Stanton » Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:56 am

Yikes!! Glad to hear he's alright. Tractor might not be.

Ground conditions and stability can change over time, especially and embankment near a creek where water tends to rise and fall.

Thanks for sharing this sobering reminder.
Stanton
Image Circle of Safety

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:20 am

Looking at the 2nd picture you can see where a section of the bank gave way. He is lucky to be ok.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

mozer71
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 22650

Postby mozer71 » Fri Jun 29, 2018 1:51 am

There is this ditch which overflows and a bank before it. When it all dries out in the drought, we think it is the same but it isn't. The grass hasn't been dethatched in a decade. It is a mirage to where I've been under a garden tractor, upside down, pinned in a ditch. It was a Jacobsen and pretty heavy. First thing turn off ignition. PTL because gas was leaking on me. That was a struggle but nothing compared to one of our Cubs.
Very wary about where ditches used to begin. Belly mowers, well I better get a pull behind too.

mozer71
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 22650

Postby mozer71 » Fri Jun 29, 2018 2:23 am

I'm trying to catch up with all the great people and advise from before I joined. That is impossible but well worth reading. A friend used to drive a Craftsman mower behind my mowing of a slope. I had to mow diagonally, pretty much stars and bars. Next pass the guy is waving at me. Put it in 2nd and got there. The mower tractor was upside down and still running. The wheels were still running but the deck shut off. He was unhurt yet shaken. What I'm saying is that he could buzz around flatland and thought he could do it on a slope. Cain't do that.

Return to “Safety Forum”