This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Behemoth built in shelf and window seat

Got a project that you are working on that is not a tractor? Maybe a barn to hold your tractors or just fun stuff like woodworking, glass, tools, sheds, gardens, custom implements, etc., this is the place to talk about it.
Marion(57 Loboy)
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000
Tractors Owned: 1957 International Cub Loboy; C-3 finish mower; L-54 blade; L-F194 plow incl coulter and jointer;L-38 disk harrow. Leinbach FH back blade.
Circle of Safety: Y

Behemoth built in shelf and window seat

Postby Marion(57 Loboy) » Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:13 pm

Built this by request for stepdaughter, she is painting it white soon. Then she and my wife are making cushions for the seat.
The room is a converted single garage to family room.
What would seem to be a fairly straightforward build of rectangles of various sizes was in fact, a bit complex.
Every surface in this space is not square, straight, or plumb. Even the window is off center to the LH and RH walls.
Also, I live 30 minutes away. Every part had to be dry fitted as I went, hauling back to my shop for any tweaking.
I got to use my biscuit joiner on this project a lot, plenty of dados as well.
All assembly, except for the drawers, was done in the room, as there wasn't any clearance to tip or tilt assembled parts.
There are 3 lites under the upper shelf, duplex outlet on one end of the seat, low profile paddle switches on the other end. 3 spacious drawers under the seat on full extension slides.
Took me quite some time, but it's done! Solid as a rock, glued,screwed and nailed together. It will take a sawzall and huge hammer to take it out.
Attachments
13456-1280x960.jpeg

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Indy4570
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 65608
Tractors Owned: 49 F cub, donor
50 Farmall Cub bugeyes(dead)
55 Farmall Cub Clementine
55 International loboy
62 140 Industrial The Beast
50s Allis Chalmers B
50 Ferguson TO20 Huppster
49 Ferguson TE20 Fergie
JD 790 4x4 w/backhoe
hinomoto diesel 4x4, early to mid 80s 20HP
73 Pasquali 4x4 diesel 33HP
74 Toro golf course tractor
Gilson 18HP
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Behemoth built in shelf and window seat

Postby Indy4570 » Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:58 pm

GREAT JOB! when you comin to build me one??? :P lots of effort put into that, it shows, awesome job!
Circle of Safety
better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it...( YES this includes CUBS! )

Return to “Projects Forum”