This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

4wd KubKar golfcart project

Got a project that you are working on that is not a tractor? Maybe a barn to hold your tractors or just fun stuff like woodworking, glass, tools, sheds, gardens, custom implements, etc., this is the place to talk about it.
ricky racer
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 49120
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: 4wd KubKar golfcart project

Postby ricky racer » Thu Mar 12, 2020 7:45 am

Winfield Dave wrote:
Barnyard wrote:When Rick built Harley he sat on a five gallon bucket every night and stared at the parts until an idea popped up.
I would love to have that bucket !!

:bellylaugh: :bellylaugh: :bellylaugh:
1929 Farmall Regular
1935 John Deere B
1937 John Deere A
1941 John Deere H
1952 John Deere B
1953 Farmall Cub

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Stanton
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 64070
Tractors Owned: 1942 Farmall AV, serial #87025
1947 Farmall Circle Cub, serial #2116
1948 Farmall Cub, serial #46066

Postby Stanton » Thu Mar 12, 2020 7:48 am

ricky racer wrote:You guys must be better clickers than me! :lol: I just tried it again. The first group flip upside down the second group doesn't... Go figure. :surrender:

I'm getting the same thing, Ricky. First group all flip upside down, second group stays right side up. I deleted my cookies before trying this. Go figure... :?
Stanton
Image Circle of Safety

Rick Prentice
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 43528
Tractors Owned: 47(circle cub),48(Floyd backhoe),49,,51,54 and another 55

Postby Rick Prentice » Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:23 am

In case some of you missed one of my previous replies, I turned my phone horizontal for a wider picture. On the first batch my button was on the left when taking the pics. I sent those to my email(pics were rightside up), but when I opened them in paint they were flipped upside down. I rotated 180 and resized before saving them. They were later added to my post.

Second batch I rotated my phone sideways and put the button on the right. Sent those to email(pics were rightside up), when opened in paint they were correct but needed resized. I then saved them. Added to post later.

I also deleted cookies and refreshed with no luck. I'll do some experimenting in the "Sandbox" forum.
When I told my dad I've been misplacing things and doing stupid stuff----His reply---"It only gets better"

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319

Postby Jim Becker » Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:16 pm

Rick Prentice wrote:. . . I also deleted cookies and refreshed with no luck. I'll do some experimenting in the "Sandbox" forum.

Some of the "smart" image handling stuff built into smart phones keeps track of the original orientation and tries to keep photos "right side up". Some of that information seems to carry along to modified images and some display systems try to turn things back to "right side up" on display.

Are those of you that are seeing inverted photos using your phones to look at this site? I'm using a desktop computer and seeing images the same side up that they were saved on Ric's (presumably) laptop or desktop computer.

This is just a guess. Ric, I suspect that when you pull an image into paint and flip/resize as needed, you are doing a "save" back to the original file. Try doing a "save as" to a new file. I suspect that may get you a new file that doesn't have the old "this is really the top" information.

Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 45030
Tractors Owned: At This Time
40 Farmall Cubs (Round Hood)
2 Farmall Cub (Square Hood)
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100

Postby Barnyard » Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:27 pm

Jim Becker wrote:Are those of you that are seeing inverted photos using your phones to look at this site? I'm using a desktop computer and seeing images the same side up that they were saved on Ric's (presumably) laptop or desktop computer.

I would say Jim just nailed it. I just went and looked at this post for the first time using my phone. The pix are upside down on my phone. Never thought about a difference between a phone and a pc.

Now I know why I have been posting wrong answers at times. I had been using my phone when I posted those.
There are two ways to get enough Cubs. One is to continue to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less.

Circle of Safety

Lt.Mike
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 07727
Tractors Owned: 1 -'58 International Cub Lo-Boy
2 - '46 International A's
2 - '52 Farmall Cubs
1 - '53 Farmall Super A
1 - ‘41 Ford 9N with a ‘49 8N Engine
1 - ‘48 (5641) Allis Chalmers G

Postby Lt.Mike » Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:47 pm

Barnyard wrote:
Jim Becker wrote:Are those of you that are seeing inverted photos using your phones to look at this site? I'm using a desktop computer and seeing images the same side up that they were saved on Ric's (presumably) laptop or desktop computer.

I would say Jim just nailed it. I just went and looked at this post for the first time using my phone. The pix are upside down on my phone. Never thought about a difference between a phone and a pc.

Now I know why I have been posting wrong answers at times. I had been using my phone when I posted those.

Yes I’m seeing it on my iPhone. Never had a problem before though.
It’s a lot easier to check in on my phone than with the laptop.
Quote by Gary Pickeral I like
"If it can cast a shadow, it can be restored"

Rick Prentice
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide

Postby Rick Prentice » Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:49 pm

Sorry to say I take the pics from my phone and do most of my posting from my big HP home computer. The upside down pics show up on my phone and my big HP desktop, doesn't matter.

When I emailed the pics they appear correct in the small image box in the email. Next I would click "save image link", give it a name and click save. Then I'd open Paint, click open, find the pic in the folder and click open. That's when the pic would appear jumbo sized and 90 or 180 oriented. I had to resize and correct orientation, then click "save as" and a box would appear asking if I wanted to replace existing pic. I'd click yes, replace, and then I'd grab that pic once I was in the forum doing the attachment upload file .
When I told my dad I've been misplacing things and doing stupid stuff----His reply---"It only gets better"

Rick Spivey
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 29518

Postby Rick Spivey » Thu Mar 12, 2020 6:09 pm

For what it's worth, the first batch of pictures enlarges upside down for me on my MAC PC. Beyond that, I have no explanation, butI suspect Jim is close or all the way correct.
Rick Spivey
'52 Cub ("Great Personality") 148xxx
'48 Cub with FH ("Gunny Cub") 38xxx
'57 Lambretta (a slow work in progress)
'74 Triumph TR6 (Mama's toy)

Rick Prentice
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide

Postby Rick Prentice » Tue Mar 17, 2020 7:47 pm

I decided to change the side engine frame from box tubing to 3/4 plate x 5" high. That allows me to bolt the engine to the plates and will allow me to weld the rear axle spring front mounts directly to the plate also. These next pics are resized and transferred from my phone. Hope they work ok

20200317_192901_resize_10.jpg

20200317_192929_resize_8.jpg

20200317_192939_resize_19.jpg

Soon as I attach the side frame tubing my brainstorming will make more sense. Hopefully tomorrow I'll start welding and you'll be able to see my game plan.

Rick

Rick Prentice
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide

Postby Rick Prentice » Tue Mar 17, 2020 7:55 pm

After laying everything out I discovered the mounting holes in the torque tube are located 1-1/2" to the right in relationship to the front ear mounting holes. To make a perfect rectangle for the engine to set into, I needed to make 1-1/2" spacers for the left torque tube 5/8 bolts and then make the right front mount spaced out to the frame. Hope that makes sense.

outdoors4evr
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 48370
Tractors Owned: 184

Postby outdoors4evr » Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:35 am

First time I've seen an alternator on the left side of the engine.

This application doesn't need the governor, but... Without the governor, how does the distributor get driven?
184 w/ Creeper & 3-Point
IH 3160a Mower
IH Model 15 Tiller
IH-54 Blade

Rick Prentice
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide

Postby Rick Prentice » Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:44 am

This application doesn't need the governor, but... Without the governor, how does the distributor get driven?

It'll have the governor and distributor, just haven't installed it yet.

First time I've seen an alternator on the left side of the engine.

That little alt fit perfect in that cavity and it rotates to tighten the new belt, once I buy it. Trying to keep things confined so things will fit nicely under the seat.

Rick

Rick Prentice
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide

Postby Rick Prentice » Wed Mar 18, 2020 6:36 pm

I did a little more work on the project today. I did some welding and then carried the body in and carefully set it in place. Nothing's permanent yet so things could change but you'll get a feel for the final results. I'm happy with the location of the engine and axle and the lineup with the body compartments and spacing. It started to rain and get colder so I called it quits for the day.

20200318_190540_HDR_resize_25.jpg

20200318_190553_resize_78.jpg
Attachments
20200318_190615_resize_31.jpg
20200318_190642_resize_39.jpg

Bill Hudson
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 44057
Tractors Owned: 57 F-Cub - Dad & Mom's Cub
77 F-Cub - Red Long Stripe

Postby Bill Hudson » Wed Mar 18, 2020 8:52 pm

Winfield Dave wrote:
Barnyard wrote:When Rick built Harley he sat on a five gallon bucket every night and stared at the parts until an idea popped up.
I would love to have that bucket !!

Dave,

I’m confident that Rick kept the bucket. :) :)

Bill
Bill

"The probability of life originating from accident is comparable to the probability of the unabridged dictionary resulting from an explosion in a printing shop." Edwin Conklin, biologist

Member of Ohio Chapter #6

outdoors4evr
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 48370
Tractors Owned: 184

Postby outdoors4evr » Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:16 am

Now everyone is scouring the internet looking for pictures of Rick's magic bucket.
184 w/ Creeper & 3-Point
IH 3160a Mower
IH Model 15 Tiller
IH-54 Blade

Return to “Projects Forum”